AuthorMessage
Becky73
Becky73

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Indecisive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indecisive    Indecisive  EmptyMon 02 Nov 2015, 8:46 am

Yep - burpee...  No comment !  Should be banned !  

Thanks for your replies ladies.  I'm actually feeling very "just give me the surgery and hurry it up " now. 

I'm sure the wave will crash again..

xx
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

Indecisive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indecisive    Indecisive  EmptyMon 02 Nov 2015, 2:19 am

Pretty sure if I attempted a burpee right now it would be before I die. Immediately before!
Back to top Go down

Indecisive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indecisive    Indecisive  EmptySun 01 Nov 2015, 7:22 am

Welcome. I'm pre-op so can't answer some parts of your question but will offer my thoughts anyway.

You could try another diet, but how has that gone for you before? How many have you tried? Did you manage to keep the weight off for an appreciable amount of time? If you did regain, did you end up heavier than when you'd started?

The reality is, most people can lose weight but struggle to keep it off. This is where the surgery comes in, allowing you to explore maintenance without the gnawing hunger your body gifts to you after any substantial weight loss. A psychologist will help with emotional eating issues but won't be helpful with the physiological side of losing and maintaining weight. That's my view, anyway.

As for changing my mind, nah, once I decided this is what I wanted to do, it's been all go. Can't wait, in fact. As I've gotten older I've been accumulating co-morbidities such as hypertension and it's only a matter of time before I get a laundry list of others such as diabetes, sleep apnoea, arthritis and heart disease. Also, I wanna be able to do a bloody burpee before I die, please God.
Back to top Go down
Becky73
Becky73

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Indecisive  Empty
PostSubject: Indecisive    Indecisive  EmptySun 01 Nov 2015, 6:42 am

Hi All,

New here,,,  posted a Hi in the Introduction section. And after reading on a bit more realised I should have posted a question here..  

So my question is - Is there anyone who simply did not want the surgery to the point of changing their mind daily, yet went ahead.  What was the point you come to terms with it all and did you wish you didn't have it done.  I feel like I am constantly going to beat myself up for not being stronger and losing it without the surgery. I'm wondering if I should just tackle it all with the help of a Pysch and try to break the cycle....  

Cheers 

bath
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indecisive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indecisive    Indecisive  Empty

Back to top Go down

Indecisive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: