Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! Empty
PostSubject: Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!   Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! EmptyThu 08 Oct 2015, 4:18 am

Hi guys...

I have a bit of a quandry.

My PHI matures on 01/04/2016.
My surgery is booked for 06/04/2016, which means I have to pay for my surgery by 23/03/2016 (2 weeks prior to surgery as standard).

I have the money now, as my Super early release has come through, but I am concerned if I pay the surgeon before 01/04/16 then my receipt will be dated before my PHI matures... and therefore my PHI company won't reimburse me... right?

On the other hand, if I wait until after 01/04/16 to pay, I will be late paying the surgeon and he may cancel my surgery.

Any suggestions?

My surgeon is aware of my PHI maturity date, so would he not have known to book my surgery 2 weeks after this date? Will my PHI pay on the surgery date, not the payment date?

Help!

K
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!   Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! EmptyThu 08 Oct 2015, 5:25 am

Your PHI isnt concerned with the date you pay your surgeon (they dont reimburse surgeons fees or even see that invoice), but rather the date of the procedure they will get billed for from the hospital. 

I was in a similar situation. My PHI matured 30 October, my Op was 3 November, I paid my surgeon 2 weeks prior.
Back to top Go down
KatyOverWeighty
KatyOverWeighty

Female
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!   Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! EmptyThu 08 Oct 2015, 5:47 am

Hmmm

My research and endless phonecalls to both Medicare and my PHI has gained me this info:

Of the MBS scheduled fee for Gastric Slevectomy ($849.55) Medicare reimburses 75% ($637.17) and my PHI reimburses 25% ($212.38).

I wonder if we have very different cover...
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!   Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! EmptyThu 08 Oct 2015, 11:56 am

Those are the correct figures for the sleeve. My surgeon claimed that rebate and his gap payment was less this amount, so I never actually received any cash back. This has nothing to do with your PHI cover though. I would recommend asking your surgeons office if they claim the medicare rebate on your behalf, you might be lucky!
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!   Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! EmptyThu 08 Oct 2015, 12:00 pm

Dont forget the PHI mostly pays for your theatre costs and stay in the hopital.  So its the day you have the surgery they care about in regard to your policy's maturity date.

In my opinion, Medicare just makes up a random number that it things things should cost in la-la land and re-inburses some other random % they think sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!   Juggling maturity and money... story of my life! Empty

Back to top Go down

Juggling maturity and money... story of my life!
Page 1 of 1