Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shibachey

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-10-04

How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery?   How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery? EmptyWed 07 Oct 2015, 4:04 pm

Luckily I have 6 weeks off already planned so I wont need to worry about work, but following in case anybody tells you how long until we start feeling normal!!

What date in Dec? Mine is 21st. What lousy timing with young kids and Christmas hey? But upshot is that I wont gain anything this Christmas haha
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery?   How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery? EmptyMon 05 Oct 2015, 1:41 am

Hi Jeita, The general rule of thumb is two weeks assuming no issues/complications or side effects from surgery. It can be longer (5 weeks for me) and Ive seen some who went back to work earlier - it depends on the type of work you would be doing as well - sitting at a desk is a lot less taxing than landscape gardening ;)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jeita

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2015-10-03

PostSubject: How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery?   How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery? EmptySat 03 Oct 2015, 11:25 pm

Hi everyone, I have just joined and am hoping to have my surgery done just before Christmas, I am currently unemployed and looking for work however I am unsure if I should just wait now until my surgery and then look for work afterwards? I don't want to take a job and not be able to take the time off?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery?   How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many weeks do you recommend no work after surgery?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: