AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment   Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 1:32 am

Hi Kat, thanks for your reply. Where does he operate out of? I'm in Ocean Grove so was hoping for Geelong or western suburbs Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
Kat1974
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment   Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 1:25 am

I've just been operated on be dr Geoff Draper of melbourne bariatrics and could've asked for a better journey. Give them a call
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment   Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment EmptyWed 05 Aug 2015, 1:11 am

I went to my GP today, who was lovely and completely supportive. She gave me a referral and told me she thought I was an excellent candidate and that I was in the right headspace for surgery. So I came home and called the surgeon. 

The receptionist asked me if I had confirmed with my PHI that I was covered. I said I was sure I was as I have top hospital cover with Defence Health. She wouldn't make the appointment until I called the insurance company and checked! So I did that and after a few panicked moments where there was silence on the other end of the phone while the operator checked, I was assured I am completely covered.

With that hurdle out of the way I called the surgeon's rooms back to make the appointment. I was then informed that I couldn't get an appointment to see the surgeon until Nov 30!

I feel quite flat now. I was hoping I'd be sleeved by then, but who knows how long it will be before that happens now. I live near Geelong and there are not many options here. I've heard my surgeon is good, so I'm not sure that I want to consider anyone else, but I feel a bit low about it all. It's taken me forever to make up my mind to do this, and now I just want to get on with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment   Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment Empty

Back to top Go down

Have to wait unit November for 1st appointment
Page 1 of 1