Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jeskahm

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-08-01

cost of gastroscopy self funded Empty
PostSubject: Re: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded EmptyMon 03 Aug 2015, 9:16 am

Was worried for nothing, turns oug i was covered :)  woohooooo.
Back to top Go down
Kat1974
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 12:01 pm

My cover hadn't clicked over a year when I had mine so I went to 'direct endoscopy' in melbourne and payed a set fee of a $150.
Back to top Go down
jeskahm

Female

PostSubject: Re: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 8:23 am

Thanks ill have to call and ask. It is all haopening very fast.  Our private health is just hospital and weightloss surgery only.   Im hoping its under 2 grand.
Back to top Go down
Rominus

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2015-06-24

PostSubject: Re: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 7:55 am

Totally agree that it's odd they are not covering you. It's a seperate admission, and should be covered on almost all levels of cover. I would be seeking clarification as it really doesn't sound right...
Back to top Go down
Shrinking Violet

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2015-01-10

PostSubject: Re: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 7:30 am

That's a strange one, I've never heard of a health fund not covering gastroscopies. It's day surgery and you are considered to be an admitted patient and as such you should be covered. I'd double check if I were you. In any case Medicare should cover some of the doctors fee and the anaesthetists fee even if you aren't covered with your PHI. a friend of mine has them done with no PHI and I think she is is out of pocket about $1000 but that includes her pathology costs because she always has biopsies taken as well. I could be wrong but I think that's about the figure she mentioned to me.

There is a legal obligation for doctors to provide you with a written estimate of fees before any procedure so you can give informed financial consent. If you aren't covered for PHI insist on this written estimate of fees before you agree to the procedure.
Back to top Go down
jeskahm

Female

PostSubject: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded EmptySun 02 Aug 2015, 6:50 am

first time poster long time reader. I had my first consult with Dr Jordaan yesterday and am tentavley booked in for sleeve on the 15th september. i need to have a gastroscopy done and i have to self fund that as our private health only covers the weight loss surgery. Im super scared this is going to blow the budget. has anyone had to self fund or know the rough cost so i can have a ball park figure. im calling in the morning to book it in but scared it will be thousands that i cant afford??????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cost of gastroscopy self funded   cost of gastroscopy self funded Empty

Back to top Go down

cost of gastroscopy self funded
Page 1 of 1