Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
danimclean

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-03-02

Too early to start Optifast? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too early to start Optifast?   Too early to start Optifast? EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015, 5:52 am

Thank you and well done you have done so well to get yourself ready for surgery! I really want to do the same. I had a good chat today with my GP & she has recommended I start the opti shakes a few days a week to start preparing my mind & body. 

Good luck with your Surgery, after today I am more convinced than ever we are doing the best thing for our health! 

Too early to start Optifast? 618285
Box of Jewels wrote:
It ain't easy, but it's doable.  Check out my tickers!  I'm booked for surgery next week.  

In January, I quit grog.  Halved my breakfast.  In february, I halved my lunch, started aqua aerobics once a week.  In late march, I started 2 shakes a day, with one healthy meal (I'm with HCF, and they funded the kickstart shake program).  By May I was exercising 2 times a week.

Now, I'm almost halfway to my goal, and in a much better position for surgery than I was, risk wise.  
But, it ain't easy.  I've had my ups and downs, and been hungry a lot.  But, I feel more confident going in to surgery that this will work for me.  I couldn't maintain this loss without it.  I know that.  And I still have a long way to go.
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Too early to start Optifast?   Too early to start Optifast? EmptySat 11 Jul 2015, 11:33 pm

It ain't easy, but it's doable.  Check out my tickers!  I'm booked for surgery next week.  

In January, I quit grog.  Halved my breakfast.  In february, I halved my lunch, started aqua aerobics once a week.  In late march, I started 2 shakes a day, with one healthy meal (I'm with HCF, and they funded the kickstart shake program).  By May I was exercising 2 times a week.

Now, I'm almost halfway to my goal, and in a much better position for surgery than I was, risk wise.  
But, it ain't easy.  I've had my ups and downs, and been hungry a lot.  But, I feel more confident going in to surgery that this will work for me.  I couldn't maintain this loss without it.  I know that.  And I still have a long way to go.
Back to top Go down
danimclean

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-03-02

PostSubject: Too early to start Optifast?   Too early to start Optifast? EmptySat 11 Jul 2015, 10:28 pm

Hi, I am almost half way into the 12 month waiting period for my PHI. I have put on 10 kilos in 6 months and I am scared I will put on more in the next 6 months if I don't make some changes now. I am already 138kg. 

For the past 2 weeks I have tried cutting out junk food and making better meal choices but I don't seem to be able to stick with it so I was thinking about starting the Opti fast Diet now, I think the structure of the program would work for me, maybe a shake for breakfast and lunch, then a small serve of lean meat and veggies for dinner. 

I have an appointment after work tomorrow with my GP to see what she thinks but was just wondering if anyone else has done this or am I kidding myself about doing 6 months on opti fast.  

Too early to start Optifast? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too early to start Optifast?   Too early to start Optifast? Empty

Back to top Go down

Too early to start Optifast?
Page 1 of 1