AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Band to Sleeve Failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band to Sleeve Failure   Band to Sleeve Failure EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015, 10:23 am

Good on you for seeing the positive in all this.

Also, if you do decide to have the bypass, youhave a year to get yourself physically and menatlly ready for that.

Band to Sleeve Failure 217555
Back to top Go down
B Butterfly
B Butterfly

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Band to Sleeve Failure   Band to Sleeve Failure EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015, 2:59 am

Hi Greenfrog

My Doc said I might be able to get a bypass in about 1 year. I will be seeing him on the 23/6/15 & get more info then.

This has made me determined to try to loss weight on my own. I think I am in the right head space ( for now )
Crazy
What has helped me (get in the right head space ) is this time I have the wonderful support of my June 2015 support group ( I don't think I could do it without them )

I am Sooooooo Glad I found gastricsleevesupport.com.

I'm a true believer in.... if something goes wrong look for the positives & learn by it.

Ok op didn't go as planed. But who know what could of happen to me in a few years from now (health wise) with my stomach in the condition it was.
Arse
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Band to Sleeve Failure   Band to Sleeve Failure EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

Have you thought about a bypass?

I know another person who was told straight out, too much damage from 2 band ops for a sleeve.  So she opted for the bypass.  Is that an option for you?
Back to top Go down
SammySleever
Part of the furniture
SammySleever

Female
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2015-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Band to Sleeve Failure   Band to Sleeve Failure EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015, 5:24 am

I'm so sorry for that disappointing outcome Butterfly. How devastating for you to be put through the pre op diet and the surgery itself just to be told that. I do feel for you.

I never had a band, I'm a "virgin sleever" but I know 2 friends who have bands. Quite frankly, with the amount of problems I've read and heard about them, I can't believe surgeons will still use them. They seem like a lawsuit waiting to happen!

I wish you all the best Butterfly.
Back to top Go down
B Butterfly
B Butterfly

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-05-17

PostSubject: Band to Sleeve Failure   Band to Sleeve Failure EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015, 5:01 am

Hi everyone. Just here to let you know how things went for me regarding Lap Band to Sleeve. I am Not here to scare anyone or to put anyone off having a sleeve. ( I STILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND HAVING A SLEEVE )  I just want people to realise what can happen.

I had my Lap Band put in 2008 & as Many others I had major problems with the band. I had the band taken out on 1 Dec 2014. I went in to have the sleeve on the 11 June 2015.

Unfortunately when I woke from the op my surgeon informed me he could not perform the sleeve due to the damage that the lap band had caused. My stomach pouch was covered in adhesion's & was folded over & stuck together. My Dr took 2 hours just to try to remove some of the adhesions & to repair a hole cause to my stomach as they tried to separate the parts that were stuck together. My doc did inform me before hand that there is no way of knowing before the op what the condition of the stomach will be like due to lap band damage until they open you. Unfortunately I will not be able to have a bypass either.

There are alot of people that have had great success with band to sleeve. So Please don't let this put you off. Still go for it. Ask to have the sleeve. I just believe if you have more information the better for you.

The best out comes are virgin sleeves.

If you are considering having a lap band or know of someone considering it... DON"T.

If you have a band & want it removed please tell your doctor you are planing on having a sleeve down the track....... maybe they will be more careful when they remove the band.

Or get the doctor you are planning on getting the sleeve with to remove your band..... that way they will have a much better idea of what the will be up against.

I had the same doctor remove the band that put it in. Dr Anderson & Dr Teague ( I never really felt comfortable with them)

But then I went to Mr Michael France at the Ashford Hospital for the sleeve. Ok it wasn't a success but he was fantastic, very caring & I highly, highly recommend him.

Wishing everyone great success. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band to Sleeve Failure   Band to Sleeve Failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Band to Sleeve Failure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: