AuthorMessage
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

Robotic Weight Loss Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 12:02 am

Hi Nelly
Usually pain medication is given via an IV pump after surgery at least for a few days then I had liquid Panadol as that was all I could take but they did offer to send me home with a liquid pain killer that was stronger, just no point for me as I can't take the stronger stuuf, but really I only took the Panadol for a day or so after I got home and still have an almost full bottle of it.
Back to top Go down
Nelly40
Nelly40

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2015-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptySat 15 Aug 2015, 11:25 pm

Hi there.

5 weeks to surgery. How do you get the endone down after surgery? 

Can you swollow tablets?
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyFri 22 May 2015, 9:07 am

Hi Nova
I was admitted on the Wednesday and discharged on Sat. so 3 nights. There was some issue with my BP dropping at one stage, and the nausea which I think was the pain killers as I cannot take endone or anything like that even with strong ant nausea meds. So 2 nights could be right for you.
Back to top Go down
Nova Mada

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 10:58 pm

Hi aussiearies,

Nice to hear that your experience was good.

Can you please tell me how many days you stayed in the hospital.?

I had severe nausea with both my pregnancies , little bit concerned about it now, I can throw up any time if I want to, I am that bad. arg... and hates hospital. I was told only two days would be enough. Really hopes that will be it.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyThu 21 May 2015, 8:44 am

I am pretty sure Dr Martin used the robot on me and I had good results, the only thing that held me back after the op was the nausea, which finally stopped when they stopped giving me the pain meds other than Panadol.

I am now 8 months out and doing well.
Back to top Go down
Nova Mada

Female

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyWed 20 May 2015, 11:25 pm

Oh , That is good Denimclean. I will keep notes and will post for you.
Researching about it is really good and has provided me so much infor about this surgery.
It makes you better prepared and also will help avoid failure too.
Back to top Go down
danimclean

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyWed 20 May 2015, 11:10 pm

Nova Mada wrote:
Hi,

That is what my surgeon Dr Martin, providing me at Strathfiled private hospital. I m going to be sleeved on July 22nd, if yours is after mine, certainly I can give you an update.

Hi, thanks that would be great, I still have 9 months to go until my PHI waiting period is over so am just researching for now.
Back to top Go down
Nova Mada

Female

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyWed 20 May 2015, 11:05 pm

Hi,

That is what my surgeon Dr Martin, providing me at Strathfiled private hospital. I m going to be sleeved on July 22nd, if yours is after mine, certainly I can give you an update.
Back to top Go down
danimclean

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-03-02

PostSubject: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery EmptyWed 20 May 2015, 10:57 pm

Robotic Weight Loss Surgery 355206

Dr Candice Silverman offers the option of Robotic Weight Loss Surgery, has anyone had their surgery done by her or any other Surgeon this way? In theory it sounds appealing, easier recovery, shorter hospital stay. Would be great to hear from anyone who has had their surgery done this way. 

Thanks, Danielle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robotic Weight Loss Surgery   Robotic Weight Loss Surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Robotic Weight Loss Surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: