Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health.   Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health. EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015, 5:27 am

Hi everyone.

I have just started looking into private health insurance. I have gotten quotes from both HBF and Bupa. I think I may go with HBF. I did ask for top cover to make sure that ill be covered for a sleeve once i speak it over with my dr but the lady on the phone said the best to go with was the YOUNG SAVER HOSPITAL one. Is anyone on this? Are there any issues? I did ask if weight loss procedures were covered and she said they were but i couldn't find anything about it in the books they give out.

Also what are the requirements for the getting a sleeve? Ive googled it and the only thing i found was that your BMI has to be 35 or over (if i can remember)

ANY help on both subjects would be much appreciated.

Thank you :-)
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health.   Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health. EmptyTue 28 Apr 2015, 7:41 am

Hiya bronwyn!!

The minimum level of singles cover with Bupa for sleeve surgery is standard hospital/corporate hospital intermediate.
You don't need top hospital with Bupa for sleeve surgery unless you want cover for renal dialysis if you end up with chronic kidney failure. Or want to have a hip/knee replacement.

I don't know if you meant young single saver for hbf or Bupa but sleeve is definately not covered on young single saver by bupa. 

All the best with your choice!! I have Bupa not just for their cover, they have extra member benefits.
Back to top Go down

Newbie looking into a sleeve and best private health.
Page 1 of 1