Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale Brown

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-03-16

I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 24 Apr 2015, 7:23 am

I would ring the DHS and tell them what is happening as they authorize it NET of tax (so its wht you receive in hand)

Also don't talk to the advisers as half of them wouldn't know their ass point to the ground. I would escalate the problem to a manager if not your fund manager (yes there will be someone in charge of your fund) and maybe even threaten to remove the rest of your fund to another provider if they don't follow the letter

I got all my money on the letter 100%
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 10:27 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 6:02 am

Last edited by annabanana87 on Fri 01 May 2015, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female

PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 5:36 am

They have to pay you the full amount on the DHS letter and take the tax out of your remaining super, this tax is not going to you but direct to the ATO so they are not doing anything illegal, otherwise DHS would have an additional box on your application to factor in this tax, someone applying for their super for financial hardship/compassionate grounds would not have the means to pay this kind of money out of their own pocket.

I worked at a super company for 10 years and this is how it was done. We were always told that the amount the client is claiming is what they should be paid in full and there was never any question of this, the tax comes out of the remaining balance and a tax form similar to a PAYG group summary was sent to them to include in their tax return to show that they were paid money and tax had been collected. Super funds are very heavily regulated and audited, if it were 'illegal' they wouldnt be doing it. 

This is how mine was done, I got the full amount on my DHS letter and the tax taken out of my balance, this was on top of the amount DHS approved for release. Its no different to the tax they take out of your contributions and send to the ATO on your behalf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 3:48 am

Last edited by annabanana87 on Fri 01 May 2015, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female

PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 3:42 am

That is incorrect, they are not permitted to take the money out of a financial hardship/compassionate claim. 

Do they think you are making a regular transfer or withdrawal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 2:35 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed   I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed Empty

Back to top Go down

I was told by Suncorp the tax gets taken out of amount being claimed
Page 1 of 1