4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ineedasleeve
Ineedasleeve

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-07-21

The count down has begun.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The count down has begun....   The count down has begun.... EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 2:19 am

How exciting, I'm feeling nervous now as well. I thought waiting the 12 months would be so hard but it's actually going really quickly now.
Back to top Go down
Mumofone83
Mumofone83

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The count down has begun....   The count down has begun.... EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015, 2:10 am

MissSarahT wrote:
Hi Hayles!!

Im so excited for you!!! I too have had to wait a loooong time for this day! I thought about it for nearly 3years then i had to wait 12montjs for my health cover waiting period and now...My op is 1day away! Eeeeek!! Im excited & nervous all at the same time!!

I will be at greenslops also but i have Dr Hazifotis, ive been on pre op opti for 2weeks & lost 7kgs.

Your far more organised then me i havent done any food prep, just going to play that part by ear depending on what i feel like eating / tasting lol I just gotta get theu tomorrow then its operation day!! WOOOOOHOOOOO :D
 Good luck for the 17th MissSarahT, hope it goes great for you xx
Back to top Go down
MissSarahT
MissSarahT

Female
Registration date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The count down has begun....   The count down has begun.... EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

Hi Hayles!!

Im so excited for you!!! I too have had to wait a loooong time for this day! I thought about it for nearly 3years then i had to wait 12montjs for my health cover waiting period and now...My op is 1day away! Eeeeek!! Im excited & nervous all at the same time!!

I will be at greenslops also but i have Dr Hazifotis, ive been on pre op opti for 2weeks & lost 7kgs.

Your far more organised then me i havent done any food prep, just going to play that part by ear depending on what i feel like eating / tasting lol I just gotta get theu tomorrow then its operation day!! WOOOOOHOOOOO :D
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture
cool.J

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: The count down has begun....   The count down has begun.... EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015, 8:38 am

Hi hayles!! Well done on getting your appointment and making the commitment to change!!

With the food the liquid stage is like broths and liquid soups that type of thing. I made a lamb scotch broth the other day which was pretty yummy (just have to strain the veggies n shanks out for liquid only phase) but u can try others like chicken broth etc. 
for ideas past that stage I've found Pinterest to be quite helpful 😊
Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Mumofone83
Mumofone83

Female
Registration date : 2014-06-18

PostSubject: The count down has begun....   The count down has begun.... EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015, 6:32 am

Hi all, 
Have finally been given my op date today. May 26th!!!!!!!!!!!   The count down has begun.... 65317 

I have been waiting for this for almost 12 months and now that it's just around the corner Im finding myself with very mixed feelings about going ahead with it...I know this is probably common. 
I've managed to maintain my weight over the past 12 months which I'm really happy with. Haven't lost much but a big plus that I haven't put any on. 
Im booked in with Justin Greenslade at Greenslopes, have heard many great things about him so I'm really hoping I've made the right choice. Ive done my research so pretty confident with my decision.
I guess I am wanting a bit for info on what I can do to prepare myself for the op. Should I start taking vitamins now? Start freezing broth or pureeing foods? What are some meal ideas i can prepare and freeze? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 
Prior to having my op date secured I felt pretty confident with my knowledge but Im starting to panic a bit now and I worry I need more info. 

Would love to hear everyones thoughts.
Thanks in advance, Hayles x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The count down has begun....   The count down has begun.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The count down has begun....
Page 1 of 1