Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Precious87

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-03-23

Operation Requirment's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Requirment's    Operation Requirment's  EmptyThu 09 Apr 2015, 7:04 am

Hey Ladybug! The doctor has referred me to Dr. Nicholas O'Rourke in Brisbane so that's step one! Just need the surgeon to say yes now :-) which as you said...is there bread and butter so hopefully it's all systems go! Just worried about using my super now which is the only way I will be able to afford it :-/ I'm so confused by how much it all costs and my private health is saying they don't cover the hospital stay cos they don't cover the operation so I will have to incorporate that into what comes out of my super :-/ it's all so confusing haha
Back to top Go down
Ladybug
Ladybug

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Operation Requirment's    Operation Requirment's  EmptyTue 31 Mar 2015, 11:14 pm

Hi Precious,

I am 37 BMI and when I went to a doctor for a referral, he didn't even ask about my weight or my BMI. He was quite useless to be honest but someone had responded to one of my queries almost the same as yours and the response was this 'the surgery is their bread and butter, why would they not take you on'? 

With your family history, I am almost certain you would be a candidate for weight loss surgery.

So, I see now that the date has passed since your doctors appointment... how did you go?

xx Ladybug
Back to top Go down
Precious87

Female

PostSubject: Re: Operation Requirment's    Operation Requirment's  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 4:43 am

Thanks BellaBallerina for the reply :-) I anxious for my first doctors appointment on Monday to see if I can even get referred to a surgeon! Fingers Crossed :-)
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Operation Requirment's    Operation Requirment's  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 2:15 am

Hi Precious, it will probably depend on your surgeon and their criteria. My surgeon didn't have strict criteria, he judges each case on its own merits. The co-morbidities should influence the decision. Let us know how you go.

Bella
Back to top Go down
Precious87

Female

PostSubject: Operation Requirment's    Operation Requirment's  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015, 1:09 am

Hi All,

I have an appointment with my doctor this Wednesday and plan to discuss whether weight loss surgery is an avenue for me.  I am roughly 95kgs 168cms tall and my BMI is almost 35 but not quite...as silly as this seems I am worried that my doctor will tell me that I am not big enough to be a candidate for surgery even though I have family history or diabetes and hear related problem due to obesity.  In the past when I have mentioned to people that I would like to have surgery I am told that I am not big enough, now of course in my head I am and have been struggling for years like most of you to lose any significant amount of weight but I am just worried that I will be denied the surgery and be let down as I have been getting excited that this is finally my chance to he happy and healthy.  I guess my question to all of you is whether anyone has had the same experience? Whether you have only just fallen short of the recommended BMI of 35 and still had been referred for surgery? I mean, I know that there are women and men that are ALOT bigger than me and would be more eligible for surgery but if my BMI is saying that I am severely obese then I shouldn't have problems being referred for surgery should I? Thank-you all in advance for your replies :-) I hope I have made sense in this message! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Requirment's    Operation Requirment's  Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Requirment's
Page 1 of 1