Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadoeDansir

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-11

Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing EmptyFri 12 Dec 2014, 2:28 pm

Thanks everyone.  My Doctor called me back and recommended Pepcid complete and pepto with water.  He said this is a problem he's heard of before and it should clear itself up.  I also noticed that kneeling in the be flat on my stomach helped a bunch too.  I'm guessing because it pushed the gas bubbles around?  I don't know but I feel a LOT better this morning.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014, 11:59 pm

Just a couple of thoughts -

Are you taking tiny sips? After the operation your oesophogus and stomach are very swollen and the smaller the sips/mouthfuls you take the better until the swelling goes down.

Avoid acidic foods like tomatoes etc until your tummy is healed.

Are you on any regular anti-acid medications? A lot of people get reflux post-op, so most surgeon's routinely prescribe them. 

Have you checked to make sure it's ok to crush each of your Meds? Some tablets shouldn't be crushed because they are gastric irritants or slow release. Take the crushed meds with yoghurt or something to coat and protect the stomach lining.

Right sided pain can indicate gall bladder problems. (Although it is a bit early for this problem)

Take your temperature each day as a precaution.

If you feel unwell, have a temperature, vomiting, get increasing pain, pain into your Left shoulder contact your surgeon.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm

If you dont have a fever I wouldnt think it would be a leak, but if youre concerned call your surgeon or go to a gp, thats what you pay them for ;)
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

Be guided by your surgeon. Oh, and try not to worry.
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014, 9:27 pm

Be guided by your surgeon. Oh, and try not to worry.
Back to top Go down
ShadoeDansir

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-11

PostSubject: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm

Starting last night I've had this pain under my right ribs beneath my breast and it's a throbbing sensation.  I was sleeved December 1 and just had my 1  week checkup this past Monday.  I can really feel it when I drink something and I feel it slide down.  When it reaches that point it feels like it hits a "raw" area and is mildly painful.   I'm beginning to worry that this may be a leak. Is this how a leak starts or is it all at once or how does that work?  I thought that one would be very evident but I don't know and I have no other symptoms.  My doctor is making me stay on crushed meds for three more weeks and they've been burning my throat, could this have anything to do with it?  I'm just snatching at straws  because I'm  nervous.  Any advice will be appreciated.  I already called my doctors office and he'll call back later today they said...they didn't seem too worried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing   Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing Empty

Back to top Go down

Pain under my right ribcage when I drink,like a throbbing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: