WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney   Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney EmptyThu 04 Dec 2014, 8:10 am

Hi Paddock,

There are quite a few surgeons with good reps in Brisbane, but after researching it to death I had a short list of 3 that I was considering; Dr Michael Hatzifotis, Dr Justin Greenslade and Dr Phil Lockie - I decided against Dr Lockie as he on the north side (also why some other good surgeons are not on my list) and he also does a "package deal" approach with dietitians and other side people which is good for some but not what I wanted.  I had appointments with both of the others but then had to cancel Dr H's due to work commitments, so went with Dr Greenslade - I am 10 weeks out and very happy.

Best wishes,
Back to top Go down
Lewie2979
Lewie2979

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney   Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney EmptyThu 04 Dec 2014, 2:40 am

Hi Paddock and welcome :),

Everyone who will write on this post is going to tell you that there surgeon is the best so I guess it comes down to personal choice, I had mine done with Dr Gregory Nolan he is based at the Gold Coast, surgery was done at Pindara Private, I have top cover with defence health and I was $3700 out of pocket (incl anaesthetist), Dr Nolan doesn't pussy foot around and tells you how he sees it but I can't fault him at all I personally appreciated his honesty (just remember he has probably heard every excuse in the book) his receptionists are also just lovely. Hope this helps as an option
Back to top Go down
Paddock

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney   Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney EmptyThu 04 Dec 2014, 1:46 am

OK I am an ex bander who had my band removed over a year ago and have put a bunch of weight back on. Don't want it to go any further so looking at the sleeve. I live in Coffs Harbour. One surgeon does it here but you cant even get an appointment with him till April next year, and for personal reasons I'd rather not go with him. 

I have phoned a few who seem to vary in cost from 3000 to 6000. Any of them can fit me in by early next year. 

I can go to Brisbane or Sydney or anywhere in between to get it done sooner. Brisbane probably easier. 

Who can you recommend, (assuming I can get in there sooner than locally) and what do they charge?

Info - I am 56, current BMI 33, but with a few issues. Top hospital with BUPA. 

Thanks for any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney   Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to go, pick a surgeon - Brisbane to Sydney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: