Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.   State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 4:55 am

Wow, that was quick!!  Very happy for you :)
Back to top Go down
reddragon
reddragon

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.   State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015, 4:39 am

Just popped in to give an update that they approved the release of funds at beginning of January  - it took roughly 2 weeks and the money was in my bank account. 

Woohoo I was sooo relieved!!! fart
Back to top Go down
reddragon
reddragon

Female

PostSubject: Re: State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.   State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 5:54 am

Thanks Dayle :) Yes I have read it will effect me differently. Now that they've emailed me through the form to fill out Im going to call them back and have them explain it all in detail.
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.   State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 5:34 am

Hey Kate,

You're probably already aware, but unlike accumulation funds where the amount is simply deducted from the balance when taken out, the defined benefit schemes such as SASS/SSS may be affected if you access money earlier - not sure how it will be affected, but be sure to talk to them about it as it may affect your final figures (pension or lump sums, or amount you have to pay back/catch up on) when you're ready to retire.

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
reddragon
reddragon

Female

PostSubject: State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.   State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014, 4:26 am

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would let those interested know - as I only just found this out today ( after having the surgeon and gp fill out the CL forms *arghh*)......that if you are a government employee and your Super fund is one of the following, that you do not go through Centerlink/Human Services to apply for early release of some of your super funds.  

You apply directly to these funds and they either approve or reject your application. There is only one application form and you fill it in and simply attach the letters from your surgeon and gp and budget planner printout showing you cant afford the surgery (not necessary to attach it but it can only help)

The funds are:

SASS - State Authorities Super Scheme
SSS - State Super Scheme
PSS - Police Super Scheme
SANCS - State Authorities Non-contributory Super Scheme

In saying that, I would love to hear from anyone that is in one of these super funds (Im in SASS) that could fill me in on how successful they were in getting their application approved. 

Thanks
Kate :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.   State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS. Empty

Back to top Go down

State Government Super Funds ....SASS, SSS, PSS and SANCS.
Page 1 of 1