Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds??   Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds?? EmptySat 03 Jan 2015, 10:47 am

Stewie I'm sure they will, as long as you can prove you can't financially fund it yourself.  Your BMI would still be pretty high I assume, so you'd qualify to apply under the life threatening illness part.

You no longer go through APRA, so just go through the Human Services :)

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/early-release-of-superannuation
Back to top Go down
stewie81

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds?? Empty
PostSubject: Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds??   Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds?? EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 12:54 pm

Hey guys and girls, 
I am 33 and had the Band put in in 2010, and i am over the constant struggle of throwing up and getting stuck etc etc etc.
I started at 171kg got down to 109kg... then have slowly gotten back to 138kg...
When I got my Band I used my super fund to finance the operation... Is this an option for Revision surgery?? 
Does anyone know if APRA or department of human services as they are known these days WILL Release my super funds for a Band to Sleeve Revision?
I do have Private Health fund which will Kick in in march.. so just need the extra 6000 or so... 

thanks folks, Hope you can help with some information.
Stewie Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds?? 697586
Back to top Go down

Banded and want Sleeve.... superannuation release funds??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: