Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Singlemumto1

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2013-11-10

Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism   Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism EmptyThu 06 Nov 2014, 2:39 am

Hi, 
I had Graves disease a few years ago which resulted in me having radioactive iodine and subsequently, no functioning thyroid. Now I have hypothyroidism and I take thyroxine every day.
I had my surgery last December and I've currently lost 47kgs (starting from 147kg), my thyroid levels are completely normal with help of the medication. I get blood tests every 4 months just to keep an eye on it.
So it is possible to lose weight, even with a thyroid condition, occasionally it feels like it's coming off a little slower, but as long as my levels are right, there's no reason I can't lose the weight.
Best of luck for everything with your surgery.
Anna.
Back to top Go down
Athenaowl21
Athenaowl21

Female
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2014-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism   Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 7:44 am

Thanks Gab, I appreciate the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Beachesbabe
Beachesbabe

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism   Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 7:36 am

Hi Athenaow121
I have hypothyroidism and have been on medication for 15yrs. I am approx 12 weeks post surgery and have had ok weight loss and feel good. I did see my GP yesterday and had a blood test to check my T3, T4 and TSH levels to see if my medication needs adjusting, as I was once told 3kg weight difference can mean adjustments needed.
Good luck with your surgery.
Gab
Back to top Go down
Athenaowl21
Athenaowl21

Female
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2014-10-27

PostSubject: Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism   Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 9:12 am

Hi,

I have just been reading some of the other posts on this topic and I was wondering if other people have hypothyroidism and how successful their sleeving has been with it?

I am due for surgery in two weeks and wondering how much of an impact (individual body differences aside) it might have on weight loss? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism   Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism Empty

Back to top Go down

Thyroid isses - hypothyroidism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: