2 posters
AuthorMessage
Floradora
Floradora

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-08-26

Told off by AHM, I think Empty
PostSubject: Told off by AHM, I think   Told off by AHM, I think EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014, 10:15 am

Have book my initial consult, after MUCH research and advice from GP. In Sydney. Paperwork from surgeon says there is a program cost of $5.5k. I'm going to apply for super release and c.card as last resort.

BUT kind lady. At AHM says the actual ' cost' of surgeon should be closer to $900 & I should find a bulk billing gap cover surgeon. WHAT? I thought they were non-existent in Sydney for employed people. I can't even find a bulk billing GP.

From my reading of lots of blogs and sites like this great place, most people end up paying $5-8k with PHI, and surgeons charge what they want.

I'm a bit cross with AHM lady, any one else been through this? I'd appreciate your advice.
Thanks.       Fd
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Told off by AHM, I think   Told off by AHM, I think EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014, 12:56 pm

My cost were much higher than $900, and I have no experience with AHM.

If she thinks this is the case, can you ask her to suggest a Doc that will do this?
Back to top Go down
Floradora
Floradora

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Told off by AHM, I think   Told off by AHM, I think EmptyThu 11 Sep 2014, 1:38 pm

Thanks greenfrog, she suggested AHM find a doctor near you service from their website but it is next to useless. I just feel it is lan unhelpful response given the circumstances,when we all know that at this time with no Medicare cover for people like me, surgeons call the shots. It is disingenuous at the very least.
Fd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Told off by AHM, I think   Told off by AHM, I think Empty

Back to top Go down

Told off by AHM, I think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: