Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you choose low fat or low carbs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Meek72

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-19

What do you choose low fat or low carbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose low fat or low carbs?   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? EmptyThu 28 Aug 2014, 1:05 pm

Thanks girls - i don't want to stuff this up!!! Will always go for natural over man made - good advice!!
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Man made v Natural   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014, 7:40 am

One of the bariatric surgeons on You Tube that I really admire 'Dr Weiner' says that if you stick to God made v Man made you will be fine. If you pick something up and it has lots of human intervention to get it to that point then go for something that is more natural and not altered by humans.

Fruit and Veg over fruit juice
Steak over Snitzel or Sausages
Prawns over Fish fingers...

that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you choose low fat or low carbs?   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014, 7:05 am

Really good question Meek72

If the 'ideal' of low, low, low doesn't always work, I can only give you my own personal opinion which may not work for you. Often you are trading one against the other, e.g. low fat means high sugar, or low sugar means high carbs - despite what govt (read big business in the back pockets of govt) say - ...

Occasionally before I respond to people I check to make sure I'm getting at least some of my facts right, as a non medical forum contributor, and nothing stands out as a problem (on another web browser, and let's face it some of the real facts are probably still hidden from us). This time I checked and it canned me out when I tried to come back after just searching the term 'phenylalanine' - weird you may think but I had 2 other browsers open that did not time out or anything.  I have heard this from other separate forum users as well - hmmm food for thought. What the government want us to believe, the sheep majority will believe…

My personal opinion?  The more natural you eat the better.  Trade in a McDonalds for inviting people around for a cheese tasting.  Yum, Yum - yes high fat but you'll have a great arvo/evening and better the devil you know thank the highly-processed one you don't.  (Plus I have NEVER gained weight since surgery eating whole foods - watch the crackers though, have some but then just have the cheese by itself yum yum - especially if you buy QUALITY over quantity - you do not want crackers because you want to taste the cheese anyway…

Feel free to chat privately if you want.  We are all here to support one another...
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you choose low fat or low carbs?   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014, 5:37 am

Thanks Jojo, I was looking at the protein drink I picked up and saw it was low fat but high in carbs - which led me to wonder - a lot of things seem to be like that - in my mind low carbs was more important than low fat (where you have to make a choice)
Back to top Go down
jojomojo

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2014-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What do you choose low fat or low carbs?   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014, 5:16 am

Me personally , I take low carbs all the way :) It's working so far and all my blood tests have come back great all the time. I would go by your bloods/Dr advice but for me carbs do something too me and make me hungrier!
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female

PostSubject: What do you choose low fat or low carbs?   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014, 4:14 am

Not sure if this is the right area or not for this question.

When you have the choice do you chose low fat with slightly higher carbs or low carbs and slightly higher fat?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you choose low fat or low carbs?   What do you choose low fat or low carbs? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you choose low fat or low carbs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Recipes-
Jump to: