4 posters
AuthorMessage
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-05-04

Interstate - Band to sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate - Band to sleeve   Interstate - Band to sleeve EmptySun 04 May 2014, 12:52 pm

Nini wrote:
Hi Maxi,

Sorry but any decent surgeon will want to see you in person a few times before surgery. I agree with Garfield that most doctors remove the band first and then allow the stomach to heal for a few months before going onto the Sleeve. Some docs will do it in one operation if there is very minimal scarring.

Hi Heidi, just wanted to say hello to a fellow Tasmanian. I was Sleeved in Melbourne and also had to stay in Victoria for 2 weeks after surgery to make sure I was close in case of complications. For my surgeon I had a one week post operation check up - where they checked the wounds etc then I had to fly over for a 6 week check up, and again for a 6 month check up.

cheers Nini
Hi a Fellow Tasmanian,

Thank you so much Nini for your information.  You  are exactly correct and I am not allowed to fly back to Tassie for 2 weeks which is quite understandable.  Luckily some wonderful friends are having me to stay so I am able to buy them loads of  luscious Tasmanian products in lieu of accomodation lol.

Hope you are enjoying your new lease of life Nini, I would be interested to see how you are getting on.

Have a lovely evening.

Heidi x
Back to top Go down
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5LMiqU/weight.png
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Interstate - Band to sleeve   Interstate - Band to sleeve EmptySun 04 May 2014, 12:16 pm

Hi Maxi,

Sorry but any decent surgeon will want to see you in person a few times before surgery. I agree with Garfield that most doctors remove the band first and then allow the stomach to heal for a few months before going onto the Sleeve. Some docs will do it in one operation if there is very minimal scarring.

Hi Heidi, just wanted to say hello to a fellow Tasmanian. I was Sleeved in Melbourne and also had to stay in Victoria for 2 weeks after surgery to make sure I was close in case of complications. For my surgeon I had a one week post operation check up - where they checked the wounds etc then I had to fly over for a 6 week check up, and again for a 6 month check up.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Interstate - Band to sleeve   Interstate - Band to sleeve EmptySun 04 May 2014, 10:08 am

MaxiNT wrote:
Anyone out there that could give some advise on getting band to sleeve done without multiple visits to the surgeon?

I'm in Darwin & we do not have a local nor visiting surgeon doing sleeves.
Hi Maxi,

I am an interstater  (Tasmania) and have just arrived back from my appointment in Sydney.  I will be sleeved in June but my surgeon has asked me to stay in Sydney for two weeks post op.
The Dietician will phone me fortnightly to check on progress pre op which is great.  I would imagine I have to go back post op on a three monthly basis??

I hope you find the correct surgeon for you Maxi.

Best wishes

Heidi
Back to top Go down
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5LMiqU/weight.png
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Interstate - Band to sleeve   Interstate - Band to sleeve EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 2:16 pm

The majority of surgeons will not guarantee the two surgeries in one go until they go in there and depends on the tissue scarring so be prepared to two surgeries.  Personally I think it's better to have the 3-6 month break between so your stomach can go back to normal shape leaving less chances or issues after the surgery.

You would simply need to ring around and find out which Dr's will do the surgery, and which ones would be willing to have a skype consultation.  At some stage they may insist on seeing you before the surgery though.  Some will insist you stay in the area for a few weeks after surgery to ensure you have quick access to hospitalisation due to complications, so you will need to factor in accommodation expenses too.
Back to top Go down
MaxiNT

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-23

PostSubject: Interstate - Band to sleeve   Interstate - Band to sleeve EmptyFri 02 May 2014, 12:19 pm

Anyone out there that could give some advise on getting band to sleeve done without multiple visits to the surgeon?

I'm in Darwin & we do not have a local nor visiting surgeon doing sleeves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interstate - Band to sleeve   Interstate - Band to sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Interstate - Band to sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: