Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bia

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-08-14

Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 11:29 am

Thank you WondaWendy and Hailsmac!
Happy that you both got what you wanted!
I have an appointment booked with Dr. Bowden, but considering moving to Dr. Hatzifotis because of a recommendation and also price (from what I see it should end up about $1,500 cheaper with him, which is significant). Only problem is I would have to wait an extra 2 months to see him (Nov). Also, Dr. Bowden seems to have more experience... I am very confused about who to go with now.
Thanks again for your answers and support!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015, 9:54 am

I actually ended up going with Dr Greenslade as his dates fitted better with mine so didn't end up going for my other appointment with Dr H. but he was one of my top choices as I have heard only good things from people sleeved by him.  One of the big success stories on this site is Mr Mick.

Hailsmac, glad to hear you have had a positive experience.  I don't really know anything about Dr Bowden, but I have seen some other positives besides yours too.

Best wishes Bia, with whoever you choose.
Back to top Go down
hailsmac
hailsmac

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015, 6:49 am

i have been sleeved by Dr Bowden 10 days ago and i found him to be absolutely wonderful! cannot speak highly enough of him :-)
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015, 1:16 am

Hi WondaWendy,
I am currently booked to see Dr. Bowden, but considering changing to Dr. Hatzifotis. Have you had your surgery? With whom, how did it go?
I hope all went well and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Kiah
Part of the furniture
Kiah

Female
Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptyFri 16 May 2014, 1:06 pm

Hi Wendy, I went with Dr Greenslade, he is excellent. I have also heard very good things about Dr Hatzifotis - he is ultra cautious & ultra safe, seems to be stricter with his requirements than most - obviously looking out for his patients.

All the best with it.
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014, 12:11 pm

Hey wondawendy, 
Yes maker of that thread spelt his name wrong.  I can highly recommend dr Hatzifotis.  He is very cautious and thorough, I have been told by nurses and dietician that his patients don't get complications.  He keeps you in hospital longer than others and always does a swallow test before letting you swallow any fluids, not all surgeons do this.  He also won't go ahead if he goes in and finds your liver is still large and fatty.  Also not something all doctors will do, and it's not punishment for failing opti fast, it's actually dangerous as the liver becomes fragile when large and fatty, and easily breaks apart causing bleeding from it.  Someone in my month last year had that happen because the surgeon thought it should be ok.  He is a very nice man, friendly and easy to talk to, also tells you everything, I had no questions by the end of my appt.  I also found his fees to be slightly cheaper than most as well

Good luck with whoever you choose, it really is a life changing operation.......for the better :)
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014, 8:38 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to point out something to anyone else who is doing what I'm doing and using the SEARCH function on this forum to get feedback on Brissie surgeons - There IS some feedback about Dr Hatzifotis but all of the posters seem to have spelled his name with a D instead of T, so try searching Hatzifodis if you want to read other's feedback about him.

I am currently still deciding about which surgeon I should go with in Brisbane.  I currently have Dr Hatzifotis, Dr Greenslade, Dr Lockie as my top 3 and will also be considering Dr Adib as a friend's husband recently went through him and is having a very good run.  

I would happily accept any recommendations on other good surgeons or more feedback on any of the above.

Cheers,
Wendy :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?   Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib? Empty

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Surgeons - Hatzifotis, Greenslade, Lockie, Adib?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: