Changed Mind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shoeberry

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-12-28

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 10:46 am

Hi Graceful

I am 9 weeks post op, so just a little ahead of you. 

Breakfast I will have one weet bix, and sometimes I add 1/2 a banana. On the weekends I have a scrambled egg on a crumpet. Twice in recent weeks I have eaten the whole thing, but usually manage about 3/4, and some days only half. I was worried that the whole egg and crumpet was way too much, but I see people who have posted below manage an egg on toast, so maybe I will stop worrying about it. 

Morning tea - about 1/2 a cup of tea

Lunch - often is leftovers, around 1/2 cup, or 2 cruskits with banana, or egg and lettuce.

Afternoon tea - yogurt, around 1/2 cup with a couple of strawberries and some blueberries. Or 1/2 a quest protein bar, or about a dozen cashews. (I never liked nuts before the op, go figure.)

Dinner - I just have whatever I am cooking for the family, about a 1/2 cup serve. Have not found anything I cannot manage, but have not tried dry meat yet. 

Supper - if required, maybe a cuppa or a little snack. 

Have tried bread, and it goes down ok, but I find bread and pastry really stodgy and filling, to the point I cannot fit anything else in, so I am avoiding it. 

Some days I seem to eat quite a lot, but then the next day I eat hardly anything, so it evens out.
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 9:54 am

Oh yeah, I usually have 3 small meals and 2-3 snacks depends upon if I get hungry. Today I didn't really snack between meals. I do 30 mins on elliptical trainer 4 days a week. I find that if I don't have snacks I get really fatigued even with multivitamin.
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 9:49 am

I'm 6 weeks out and have lost 19kg (6kg pre op diet). Can only usually eat about 1/2-3/4 cup but it varies each day even with the same food. Sometimes it's a just couple of spoons. I just stop when I get full. Only pushed past that once and hopefully never again!

Breakfast
Almost a whole scrambled egg; or
Almost a wheatbix with 2tsp chobani yoghurt; or
Half quest protein bar if feeling lazy.

Lunch
Leftovers- usually half to 3/4 cup high protein and fibre;
Chicken salad

Dinner
Try to make something new every couple of days and freeze into 175-200ml portions so I eat a variety. Don't eat much other than protein (meat, legumes, tofu, dairy) and some veges except on very odd occasion.
Love turkey con carne (Turkey mince, re fried beans, kidney beans, taco mix) sprinkle of cheese and spoon of chobani, small bit of diced veges.
Stuffed chicken thighs with feta, spinach, mushies, and a light gravy also delish.
Can't really eat any dry meat yet.

Snacks
1-2tbs Baked beans
1/2 small tin tuna or sardines
Half quest bar
2 dessert spoons tin fruit and custard.

1.5l water. Haven't needed benefibre- usually the legumes and wheatbix does the trick. Multivitamin per day. Like minniemouse I love the peppermint tea!

My fitness pal is great if you are concerned about not getting enough protein / calories. I'm doing 600-750 calories with about 1-1.5kg per week.
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 8:27 am

I'm 6 months out & can eat more than I did at 3 months. I tend to eat the same thing most days.

Breakfast....optifast coffee meal replacement (still don't feel like food first thing)

Morning tea......Nescafé skim cappuccino 

Lunch........6 vitaweat or 4 cruskits with 40g tub extra light cream cheese, or ham & tomato wrap.

Afternoon........bulla frozen yoghurt or chobani yoghurt

Dinner.......100 to 150gr meat or chicken with small salad or veg (on side plate)

I stay between 750 & 850 calories a day, write everything down & am very strict about it. I've lost 44kg & feel like I've lost at a good rate. I have a week here & there where I haven't lost anything, but I think that's normal. I haven't lost a thing the last two weeks, but am trying not to let it upset me, or I'll end up trying to binge on junk like I would do in the past.
Everything I have read says the sleeve works best the first year, so I'm being as strict as I can to take advantage of that first year. I've had a couple of relaxed days, but been mostly sticking to my plan. The pyschologist I had to see said I was being a bit too strict & I should trust my sleeve to not let me overeat, but I feel I can only do better if I count calories as well. I did have 80 kg to lose & past halfway, so stoked.   :)
Back to top Go down
minniemouse

Female
Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2013-07-23

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 12:51 am

As you can see Changed Mind - everyone is different - I've been able to eat a fair amount since I was sleeved 3 months ago and I've lost 21kgs so far.

Normal Day for me:
Breakfast:
1x piece of multigrain toast with either cottage cheese and tomato or soft boiled egg and tomato (both good proteins)

Lunch:
small can of tuna (or whatever protein was left over from dinner) with some salad usually try and put avocado with cucumber and capsicum and teaspoon of olive oil and lemon juice as dressing. I think avocado and olive oil fats are good for skin and hair.

Dinner:
80grams of protein (chicken, beef, lamb or fish) and vegetables or salad.

I don't tend to snack but if I get peckish, I'll have a piece of fruit - either watermelon or an apple but I also have 1 x latte a day and maybe a cup of tea in the afternoon and usually a peppermint tea about an hour or more after dinner (i find it helps digestion and relax my tummy).
I also take 1 x multivitamin and 1 x calcium and make sure I get 1.5 - 2ltrs of fluid a day.

Even though this seems a lot more than most people, its still usually between 900-1000 calories a day, my skin looks awesome and my hair is still very much in tact (fingers crossed it stays that way) and to be honest, I'm really happy with that amount of food, I think its probably on par with "normal" people. Some days are easier to eat than others but all in all its been fine. I also am now exercising about 5 times a week but just walking for 45mins to an 1hr before work so as to get my body moving.

My weight loss is around 4 kilos per month - the first 3 weeks are really low numbers and the 4th week is usually a huge loss (usually in "that time of month" week is when I dump the kgs) Last week, lost 2.7kgs in a week!! This week (today is weigh in day) I lost 100grams. so strange!! 

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 12:07 am

It's a total different kettle of fish for me....can't eat much most of the time but sometimes can eat a whole (small slices) sandwich. I think you'll find as long as you can have a variety of foods that you'll be satisfied with the amount you can eat. It's almost as if you appreciate the food more and because you eat so little, you want it to be tasty and nutritious. That is.....quality versus quantity.

I'm 3 months out.
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyWed 05 Mar 2014, 11:39 pm

Jeepers wenchi, no wonder you are powering in the weight loss department! 
Changed mind, I am just over 4 months out too. I can now guzzle about 6 gulps of water, and I can eat a palm sized piece of steak with a little salad. For brekki I comfortably have a toast with egg and bacon... ... too much already would account also for my lack of weight loss. My daughter keeps telling me to slow down - i eat more than her now, and she is normal size 12.... I started out being able to only drink half cup tea, now I guzzle a large cup of coffee.... Now I complain I can have too much!
Be glad that your tummy is tiny, Changed, you should get good results. It will not be forever as time goes on most of us eat more and more, by one year out dr says should be eating a full bread and butter plate sized meal.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyWed 05 Mar 2014, 8:23 pm

Prepare yourself for the possibility of being annoyed for a long time!! I'm just over four months post op now, and I'm still only managing 1/4 - 1/3 of a cup of food at each meal time depending on the day, but what I'm able to eat is a lot more varied now.

Yesterday I had a forme yoghurt for breakfast, about a dozen cashews mid morning, about 1/3 of a cup of beef and veggie soup for lunch, a 500 ml bottle of low fat iced coffee mid afternoon, and for dinner.. two small pieces of a pork and apple sausage with some apple sauce. I do avoid bread, apart from a little bit of mountain bread if I'm feeling like a wrap of sorts, also pasta, wayyyy too filling.

I tend to not worry too much about the quantity of food I'm eating. As long as what I do eat has a decent amount of protein in it, I'm taking my multivitamin daily, and getting enough water in. There is going to come a time when we can fit a lot more in, so I'm making the most of this tiny little stomach while I have the chance!
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-03-02

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: 2 months post op   2 months post op EmptyTue 04 Mar 2014, 7:48 am

Hi everyone, I am today 2 months post op and just wondering what kinds of food everyone is eating and what size portions - some days it's a struggle just to eat 1/2 cup and it's annoying :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 months post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months post op   2 months post op Empty

Back to top Go down

2 months post op
Page 1 of 1