Jussinger
Jussinger

Female
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-10-20

Oedema  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oedema    Oedema  EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014, 8:21 am

Hey sg

Mine ended being caused by deep vein thrombosis -22cm long in my upper arm. Have spent 24 hours in hospital but have been on blood thinners to start dissolving the clot. That was a bit unexpected. I'm home now though and have started a whole new addition to my meds
 Oedema  697586
Back to top Go down
spunkygirl
spunkygirl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-12-27

Oedema  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oedema    Oedema  EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 10:40 am

Hi Jussinger

I've had odema - once after I gave birth - wow, my legs and feet were huge!!! Just went away.

And once on my third day post-op (just one week ago). I went for a walk, and it must have been my hand hanging down that allowed the build up of fluid. My hand was incredibly puffy - freaky. It went down by just being conscious of holding it above my heart.

Has yours improved yet?
Back to top Go down
Jussinger
Jussinger

Female
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-10-20

Oedema  Empty
PostSubject: Oedema    Oedema  EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 3:35 am

Hi all
I've just been diagnosed with an oedema which is fluid retention and its all over my right arm. It only come up last night, on a pretty hot night. It is a bit scary as I've never had my whole arm swell before. I was sent away for some blood tests this morning and the doc checked my lymph nodes and breasts and said things looked ok there. It's not painful but it hadn't gone down this morning and hasn't changed much throughout today. She prescribed nurofen in the meantime.

Has anyone else had an oedema? I don't know if its sleeve related, probably not but I thought I'd ask here for others experiences. It's nearly my one year anniversary. I have a catch up scheduled in a few weeks with my surgeon. I've just had my 12 month blood test and my doc has the results back so she can check my levels if she needs to.

Just throwing it out there..... 

Freakishly it reminded my of how big my arms were pre sleeve.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oedema  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oedema    Oedema  Empty

Back to top Go down

Oedema
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: