Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superannuation - is it commonly refused?

Go down 
+15
Karlzie122
Dale Brown
reneeski2
WondaWendy
Drexl
Thetimehascome:)
GirlTrucker75
Alicia/rose
BringingBellaBack
leeleemc
mazrx3pp
Glenice
Kil1980
Bumbles
Miss Nik
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2013-12-03

Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi There,

I have my Dr's appointment tomorrow and am just wondering so that I can budget..... is early release of super usually approved? I have read back a number of posts and it seems most are approved but if they are not..... what is the reason? Is it the DHS that deny it? or can the super fund deny it if DHS approve it?

Confused
I desperatley want to get it all organised so that nothing is holding me back!

I would appreciate the input of those with experience.

NiK
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Glenice

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

I am about to send away my second lot of information for my Super access - they wanted more information.  So I'm going to give them so much information, including copies of invoices, car maintenance costs, home maintenance bills. I've factored it down to the lotto tickets we buy every fortnight, the newspapers we buy and the videos we hire for entertainment..... 

We are not wealthy, just ordinary people living within our means, we live from pay to pay like everyone else, we do not have an off shore bank account with spare cash in it that we can just whip it out and hand over $18,000 at the drop of a hat...I'm astounded they need so much information from us to figure that out.

I just hope this is the end of it, I'm worrying myself sick about it, I dont know what I'll do if they turn it down.  We might have to remortgage the house.
Back to top Go down
mazrx3pp

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014, 10:30 am

I put my forms in last Wednesday and got approved today. They were so quick.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jan 2014, 4:05 am

I sent my forms the week before Christmas and was delayed as they asked for more info so I found out yesterday. They told me average 10 business days . 

Not sure how long after I send letter to super company it takes go get money through
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jan 2014, 3:57 am

Yes I wondered the same thing and asked my doctor specifically of the requests he's supported for the surgery, how many are declined, he said none.  Well done Miss Nik and in double quick time too it would seem - how long from the day you posted the forms away until the date you found out?

I sent my forms away just before xmas and my surgery is 22nd march - so hopefully that's enough time
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 Jan 2014, 5:06 am

I just spoke to human services and I have been approved! Yay
Back to top Go down
Kil1980

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Dec 2013, 9:38 pm

I used my super to fund the whole op.. You will need a letter from your Dr and the surgeon to say its a life threatening procedure that has to be done other wise you will get knocked back ... Also make sure you think of travel , extra nights per admin costs as well they all add up and can be covered ...
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 10:28 pm

Im going to need to access it for the gap too and was worried that as its a lesser amount they may turn around and say just save up for it - I would love to hear how you get on! Fingers crossed for you :)
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 6:20 am

Spoke with my surgeon today and he said that because I am only accessing the gap there should be no problems. Will put forms in as soon as I have his quote
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013, 10:28 pm

If its approved by DHS, the Superfund is not permitted to deny it.

The approval letter from DHS is like an order to pay for the Superfund, so your battle (and mine when the time comes) is with DHS.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013, 9:43 am

Hi There,

I have my Dr's appointment tomorrow and am just wondering so that I can budget..... is early release of super usually approved? I have read back a number of posts and it seems most are approved but if they are not..... what is the reason? Is it the DHS that deny it? or can the super fund deny it if DHS approve it?

Confused
I desperatley want to get it all organised so that nothing is holding me back!

I would appreciate the input of those with experience.

NiK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superannuation - is it commonly refused?   Superannuation - is it commonly refused? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Superannuation - is it commonly refused?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2