Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emmybell83

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-02-14

HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant?   HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant? EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013, 4:34 am

Hi Vicki thanks for your reply, yes i take a tablet in the morning for the reflux but its not nexium its what they had me on in hospital. I have tried taking gasvicon tablets etc during the day to try and beat the feeling because i thought it might have been a reflux problem but they havent made any difference to the sick feeling.
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant?   HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant? EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013, 1:33 am

First thing to check is are you suffering from reflux? Are you taking Nexium or some other PPI? I have read a lot of the posts on here and reflux seems to be the first thing to check when suffering the symptoms you have described. When I have my surgery the surgeon said he will put me on Nexium 3 times per day as he does with all of his patients.
Back to top Go down
emmybell83

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant?   HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant? EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013, 12:35 am

Hi all,
I am 4 weeks post op tomorrow. Have had terrible nausea and stomach pains for the past 4 days I have also had some diareahh on and off too. Have vomited this morning also. I have read some stuff on people becoming lactose intolerant after getting sleeved - could this be what is happening to me? I havent been consuming a whole heap of dairy over the time but have had a bit in my diet. I am feeling quite ill and really need some advice please. Any advice that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant?   HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant? Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE! 4 weeks post op and sick......could I be lactose intolerant?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: