Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.

Go down 
+4
fruitsmoothy
tumultuous-tara
bluebags
Sueby01
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Juicyjo
Juicyjo

Female
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 6:19 pm

Goodluck Sue! thinking of you :)
I will by in a plane in the morning, on my way for my surgery in Wednesday. I am sure you'll be fine!
have a speedie recovery.
oh, what are you most looking forward to eating?
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Band comes out tomorrow   Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

Hello everyone, my band comes out tomorrow. I am anxious to have the surgery, however I am happy to see it gone. Funny thing is, today has been the first day I could eat without being sick.  I am booked in for my sleeve on the 25th November, so I am having a nice long break without any restriction. Looking forward to having a dinner in a restaurant without having to run to the bathroom or having to choose fish all the time. 

Hope things went well with your sleeve Fruitsmoothy.
Back to top Go down
Geminijo

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013, 4:54 am

Crafty

What do you think of the Bypass ??  My surgeon is taking out my band and letting me consider all the options for either a sleeve or the bypass and the problem is I only know of one person who has had that op and she put her weight back on and then had to work really hard to lose it again...  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts ??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 11:33 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome, 

Have had an up and down week, just wish this band was out now. Its harder once you make the decision to remove it, to then live with it until its removed. I seem to throw up everything all day long. Even water :( 

Just counting down now....

Hope everyone is going well. 

Crafty hows it going with Bypass? Congrats on the loss, that is awesome that for a short while, you got to enjoy your eating and now have lost it again. I am just going to try to enjoy everything I missed, then get stuck into it again once Im due to be operated on. 

Good luck Fruitsmoothy with your sleeve.  Hope everything goes well with the surgery :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
crafty05
crafty05

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 2:05 pm

Hi Sueby,

I had the band for 5 years = went from 130ks to 65ks and then went up to 96ks before having the band removed. My surgeon would not sleeve me, and went straight to Bypass.. hopefully this will work. During the wait time between surgeries I put on about 5-6ks - enjoying eating again.

Now I am back to the 96ks nearly a month after surgery, so I hope now I will start to lose the weight.

Best wishes for your journey.. the sleevers here provide good information.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

Hi fruitsmoothy,

If you like you can find the Sleevers Monthly posts on the main page and join our July group. That way you can get support from other people going through at the same time.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
fruitsmoothy
fruitsmoothy

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 10:24 am

Also a newbie, having sleeve done on July 8 after having a disastrous band experience which ended in a slip. I am seeing Dr Martin at the Wesley.

I did Optifast for 1 week prior to my band removal which was advised by my Dr.

Good luck!

:)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 4:02 am

Sue,

Dr G usually only requires a 2 week pre op with the Opti. Double check with Brenda as you may not need to do it at all.

But even if you do it will help shrink your liver and make the surgeries easier for the Doc.

Nope no special diet after band removal, food as soon as you can tolerate it. As early as the next day. I LIVED off Vegemite toast for the first 2 weeks. Drool.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 3:06 am

Thanks Tara, Im thrilled and super excited...never realised how much it was impacting until recently, and now its a cannot wait to be rid of it, and move onto next stage....

Hubby will be ok, he is just worried I will die, he does that. I have been sick, and its worrying he may loose me.

Do you know if we need to do anything special diet wise before/after band removal? I have heard conflicting stories of optifast a month before removal (same as getting it) and optifast for two weeks afterwards.??

I want to do optifast just to give my stomach the best chance of being relaxed and soft, but I dont want to over do it LOL.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 2:44 am

Sue,

Eeeek - how exciting !!!!

Tell hubby not to stress - I went in to Theatre for band removal at 3.30pm and was up chatting to people on the ward by 5pm.
The girl who went in after me even had a sandwich for dinner at 6pm.

I'm so pleased for you.

Tara
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013, 2:11 am

Band removal date is set!!

I see Dr Greenslade on July 30th then surgery on the 5th August. The sleeve is at least 2 months after then. I am starting the Optifast diet this week. I wasn't told to do it, but I am going to. I am also going to do measurements, and weight etc this week, so that I can have a good starting point. My husband is freaking out, he is worried I will be sick or not come through the surgery well, but he is a stresser. :P

Tara, I ended up going with Dr Greenslade after your recommendations, and those of everyone else on here. He seems very well liked.

SO Im on my way... Im looking forward to eating and not throwing up again. :)

Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 9:14 am

Sue,

OMG those months after the band is out and you can eat again are just heaven.

Enjoy.
Tara
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 8:50 am

Thank you Tara,
And yes, its soo hard spewing quietly LOL. I always try to time it in between people coming into the toilets, which doesn't always work...
Im hoping to be sleeved in the next few months, I understand there is a 3 month wait after having the band removed. So hopefully for Christmas, Ill have a new dress size.
:)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 8:16 am

Oh Sue I hear ya. Kill that band !! They are evil little suckers.

Seriously it is sooooooo hard to spew quietly in a restaurant's toilet.
I was always so paranoid other guests would think it was cos of the quality or hygiene of the food that I was sick.

There are loads of Band to Sleeve people here, you are in good company, most people have had similar experiences wit the band.

As for Brissy surgeons.
Check out Dr Justin Greenslade at Greenslopes - he's a totally awesome surgeon.

All the best with your research.
Tara
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 8:09 am

Thanks Bluebags,
I figured it would be slow with the public holiday.
I am so very sick of the vomiting everyday. It is painful going out to a restaurant with my husband for dinner, or parties, and having to go to the bathroom, and pray I make it to the toilet in time to throw up what I have eaten.
I stick to the rules of the band, but they just don't work for me anymore. :(
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 7:52 am

Welcome good decision sueby who needs to vomit everyday

There are a lot of people on here who have done the same and I know a lot of people have had good surgeons in Brisbane I know they will answer you soon its been a little slow on site with the long weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sueby01

Female

PostSubject: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 6:37 am

Hi everyone, my name is Sue, and I had a lapband inserted in 2006, lost 80kgs, then proceeded to put back on 40kgs. Now, I am over the constant throwing up, the inability to loose weight, and the general feeling of failure for the last few years.
So now I am looking at having the band removed and replaced by a sleeve. A friend had a sleeve done, and she looks amazing already.
I am looking for any recommendations for surgeons in Brisbane, I saw Dr Copp to have my band, and so he will be my first stop, but I wanted other recommendations, if possible.
Thanks in anticipation of your replies,

Sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.    Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi New to forum, deciding to sleeve after a band.
Page 1 of 1