AuthorMessage
Lizzyq
Lizzyq

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2013-03-01

Daily Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Intake   Daily Intake EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 3:57 am

I'm the same, I have 1/2 runny weetbix for brekkie and ony the last two days have I been able to finish it all, until then it was 2-3 teaspoons. Then I have yoghurt 3-4 teaspoons as well as some casserole pureed at night again 2-3 teaspoons, I am struggling with water as well.

Yesterday I made a soup/puree of tinned tomatoes, shredded BBQ chicken and red lentils, cooked this down and I have been able to eat 1/3 of a cup so I am sticking with this today.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Daily Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Intake   Daily Intake EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 2:27 am

I found in the first two weeks the Optifast was still a great source of protein for me. Dont' stress too much about the puree. Be sure you're not drinking and eating close together too -that can make eating harder.

I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I still have Opti 2-3 times a day, with extra protein powder included....Mainly I use the puree/mash as fillers between my shakes.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Daily Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Intake   Daily Intake EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 1:56 am

Daniel,

They spoke to me about this before I left the Hospital this morning.

She said not to worry. Get your protein in first but just because it says you can have a 1/4 cup of food does not mean you HAVE to eat that much.

Slow and steady, listen to your body. If that's all the mushies it wants right now that's ok.

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down

Daily Intake Empty
PostSubject: Daily Intake   Daily Intake EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 1:50 am

Hi guys

I am 2 weeks post op and I am struggling to get in any puree foods and when I do it is a couple of spoons and thats about it once a day. I am drinking 2 x up n go's and approx 1.2 litres of fluids. I can do anymore is this normal? And what do you suggest?

Daniel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daily Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Intake   Daily Intake Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Intake
Page 1 of 1