3 posters
AuthorMessage
80-Over
80-Over

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Hip Pain when sleeping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hip Pain when sleeping   Hip Pain when sleeping EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

I have had it for a couple of years and it is only at night when lying down. Tonight I can't get comfortable at all and they are both killing me. I had a feeling it wasn't 100% weight but maybe hoping kinda sorta IYKWIM

Guess I better see the GP before I go insane from lack of sleep

Thanks ladies it is so nice to know I am not alone with my funny body LOL
Back to top Go down
feelinfab

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hip Pain when sleeping   Hip Pain when sleeping EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

Glenmaree I'm riddled with osteoarthritis (have had lots of ortho surgery for it), so I think GP just saw the report had more arthritis in it and left it at that. Annoys me a bit that I've been putting off seeing ortho cause he always has gone on about my wt. Oh well onward and upward so they say!
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hip Pain when sleeping   Hip Pain when sleeping EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

Hi
Welcome to my world. I am about to undergo my second course of cortisone injections into the bursa as I have bursitis in both hips. Tolerable during the day unless I do a lot of walking and total unmitigated misery at night. I have had it four about 3 years and like you I put it down to being overweight. 60 plus kilos lighter and it is worse than ever. Early intervention is the key so see your GP, the condition is easily diagnosed with ultrasound.
G
Back to top Go down
feelinfab

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Hip Pain when sleeping   Hip Pain when sleeping EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 10:29 am

Ironically I saw my ortho today for hip issues!
Is it ok during the day and worse when lying down?
Well mine is and it is a burr I need about 8 weeks physio - better than the hip replacement the Gp told me I needed!
I'd recommend seeing your gp & having some xrays, it maybe something that wt loss won't affect. I've been putting up with mine for 12mths, thinking they'd just say loose wt well almost 30kg down and no better and I could have had it sorted out ages ago.
Back to top Go down
80-Over
80-Over

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Hip Pain when sleeping   Hip Pain when sleeping EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 6:06 am

Does anyone else get woken by severe hip pain at night?

I sleep on my side (alternate) and have been plagued by really painful hips during the night. So bad sometimes I have to sleep in the recliner chair to get relief.

I am guessing it is from my weight and it does not matter what bed I sleep in either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Pain when sleeping   Hip Pain when sleeping Empty

Back to top Go down

Hip Pain when sleeping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: