Lissy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lissy

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-04-21

Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 1:47 am

Thanks Gail and Kazz.

I'm soo pleased that other people have felt this way too!! Gail ...I was waking up all through the night thinking maybe I should call it off ...I'm too upset ...maybe I'm making the wrong decision!! It's crazy! Such an emotional rollercoaster right now.

The hospital just called to go over a few things for tomorrow, so that has eased the tears a little for the moment. I have heard nothing but good things about Doctor Hopkins so fingers crossed all goes smoothly and to plan!

Just over 24 hours to go now!!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 1:06 am

Hi Lissy

You will be fine and being nervous is very normal, I was a wreck kept thinking the worst. I am now 3months out and down 19.65kg and feel amazing. Dr Hopkins is a very good Dr has a great rep and I have met a few of his patients and they all say he is a great surgeon.

Good luck and please update us when you can.

Kazz B xx
Back to top Go down
GailC
GailC

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2013-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013, 12:07 am

Hi lissy , I know exactly how you are feeling. I nearly called it all off the day before, I too was crying and all sorts of thoughts going through my head. I am day 3 and not in hardly any pain at all. I have started on yoghurt, broth, diet cordial and sipping a lot of water.
Still worrying a little bit but this forum is so helpful and friendly. I am traveling this journey alone except for my daughter because I haven't told anyone. The operation itself will be over and done with before you know it and the rest of your life will begin.
I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.
Come over to the April sleevers page, it is a very busy page with lots of great people.
Cheers, gail Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! 217555
Back to top Go down
Lissy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 11:53 pm

Thanks VR.

I feel so much better just hearing from someone who's not only had it done, but by the same surgeon in the same hospital!!

Maybe I should have gone to work today .....sitting at home watching the clock ....listening to my tummy grumble!!!

Only 26 hours to go now!!!!

x
Back to top Go down
vashtirae
vashtirae

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

Hi lissy

I too was worried about recovery but it's been great. I was out of bed within 6 hours and the pain was much less than I expected. I never played the hero, use the pain button as much as you need and take big undies and pants because you'll be swollen. I hope you get ruby and carlee nursing you, they were great.

I've had one "poor me" day since I got home but not once have I wished I didn't do it. Oh my shoulder pain has been a bit bad but a paradox does the trick.

Good luck and let us know how you are when you''re able.

VR
Back to top Go down
Lissy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm

Thanks Tara, Jasmine and VR!!

VR how are you going with recovery?? The 'not knowing' is driving me crazy! I feel like I still have a million questions even though I've been studying it for what seems like forever!!

arghhhHH!!!

36 hours to go to be exact!
Back to top Go down
vashtirae
vashtirae

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

Hi lissy
I had my sleeve done with George just under 2 week's ago. He was great, I had my breakdown right outside theatre but he was fantastic as was the anaesthetist. The hospital was fantastic, let me know if you'd like to meet.
VR
Back to top Go down
Jasmine13
Jasmine13

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 2:17 pm

Hi Lissy
Welcome! I just joined this forum too and it's amazing how much info is on here......very friendly too.
As Tara said, you are in good hands with Dr Hopkins. I have only heard good things about him....my GP spoke so highly of him too. I am booked in for my surgery with him on may 13th.
I am sure I will experience the same as you are now although at the moment I keep telling my self ' It will be worth it'

Thinking of you and wishing you the very best!
Jasmine
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 1:32 pm

Hiya Lissy,

Welcome.

You are in very good hands with Dr Hopkins.
I think we all go through panic before such a major step.

Just remember to keep breathing. I know that sounds really obvious - but I always forget !!

Come on over to the April thread - I think you make number 52 for the month - how good is that !!

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t11673-april-2013-sleevers

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
Lissy

Female

PostSubject: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! EmptySun 21 Apr 2013, 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I've been reading posts on this site for about 2 weeks and have found it's helped me so much in that short time so thought I it might help me today if I write my own post.

I'm having my op in 2 days time (Tuesday) with Dr Hopkins. I've been so excited over the past few months since locking in the date, I've done well (I think?) with my 2 wk pre-op diet loosing 6kg and now all of sudden today I havn't been able to stop crying!! Sounds so ridiculous I know ...trust me ....I've been sitting here with a blank message for over an hour deciding whether or not to say it out loud ...but I'm a mess!! I'm completely freaking out!

Is this normal?? I'm so terrified all of a sudden that I'm making the wrong decision!

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!   Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Brisbane - Terrified!!
Page 1 of 1