Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve???   Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve??? EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 1:58 pm

I suppose that could be also contributed to the sleeve stretching over time which is normally predicted after standard 5 years via research and requires revision, but yours has just been discovered earlier.  Just wondering if he gave you more info on what caused it, what could be done to prevent it and is there alternatives to the bypass?  Also, if there is a chance if it happens with the sleeve, couldn't it also happen with the bypass?  And what kind of impact is it having on your life to warrant further surgery?  Have the chest pains passed, if not then yes further investigation is required but it does sound weird that a pouch developed over the top of the sleeve is causing pain.....  my gf had a pouch develop over the band that sat there happily for 3 years causing no pain.

As per my previous posts and a bypasser - I'm not an advocate for anyone having it and would be questioning alternatives before going down that road.  Why couldn't he just fix the pouch or worst case, do a sleeve revision?  Also if it's not affecting your weight loss or you are already at goal or near enough to it, having a bypass would be an extreme measure.  Maybe even get a second opinion.  Glad I did because I found a Dr more knowledgeable than my previous surgeon and takes his time explaining everything.

BTW - did you get your gallbladder (if you still have it) checked whilst you are at it?  The pain of feeling like you are having a heart attack is as painful as as a gallbladder attack and gets worse over time.  My GP refused to say I would have gallbladder problems as don't weigh enough but I still made him write out a referral and yep, I had them so had that sucker ripped out - huge relief!
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve???   Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve??? EmptyMon 02 Jun 2014, 1:58 pm

I suppose that could be also contributed to the sleeve stretching over time which is normally predicted after standard 5 years via research and requires revision, but yours has just been discovered earlier.  Just wondering if he gave you more info on what caused it, what could be done to prevent it and is there alternatives to the bypass?  Also, if there is a chance if it happens with the sleeve, couldn't it also happen with the bypass?  And what kind of impact is it having on your life to warrant further surgery?  Have the chest pains passed, if not then yes further investigation is required but it does sound weird that a pouch developed over the top of the sleeve is causing pain.....  my gf had a pouch develop over the band that sat there happily for 3 years causing no pain.

As per my previous posts and a bypasser - I'm not an advocate for anyone having it and would be questioning alternatives before going down that road.  Why couldn't he just fix the pouch or worst case, do a sleeve revision?  Also if it's not affecting your weight loss or you are already at goal or near enough to it, having a bypass would be an extreme measure.  Maybe even get a second opinion.  Glad I did because I found a Dr more knowledgeable than my previous surgeon and takes his time explaining everything.

BTW - did you get your gallbladder (if you still have it) checked whilst you are at it?  The pain of feeling like you are having a heart attack is as painful as as a gallbladder attack and gets worse over time.  My GP refused to say I would have gallbladder problems as don't weigh enough but I still made him write out a referral and yep, I had them so had that sucker ripped out - huge relief!
Back to top Go down
Jellybean
Jellybean

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Pouch on sleeve   Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve??? EmptySat 31 May 2014, 6:36 pm

Hey I just had and endoscopy on Friday just gone cause I would vomit after meals sometimes and not losing any weight the report I got back on the day said I had an 60ml pouch up the top of stomach then to normal sleeve
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve???   Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve??? EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013, 11:59 pm

Hello everyone

I've not been here for ages lots been happening with me, I've lost 72 kgs since my sleeve 2011 :)

I've been going well until 3 weeks ago I had a gastro bug n then lots of pain in chest drs thought it was a heart attack, thank god it wasn't.

My dr went down to have a look yesterday n found my sleeve has a pouch off my sleeve up near the top.

My dr said about going in to do a bypass, I'm wondering if anyone here has had this happened to them?
If so what did your dr do?

Ay help would be great :)

Hugs xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve???   Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone got a pouch or a pocket that comes off the sleeve???
Page 1 of 1