Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kittykat6

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-12-09

melatonin/Circadin -sleep Empty
PostSubject: Re: melatonin/Circadin -sleep   melatonin/Circadin -sleep EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 12:36 am

I have lots of trouble sleeping too, but the liquid version of melatonin has helped a lot. Just have to be consistent with what time you take it (the same time each night).

I wonder if the liquid version might work better for you post op?
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: melatonin/Circadin -sleep   melatonin/Circadin -sleep EmptyFri 05 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

Hi Marescolt, did you find they did actually help you sleep,i had my sleeve done mid December 2012 but have always been a bad sleeper so since the sleeve it has not changed much and it is not the sleeve that has caused it as i was like it prior to it. As i have not taken them before i am hoping they will work,have actually just taken the first one for tonight so will see how it goes,does it need to build up a bit in your system or they work fairly quickly for sleep ?
Thanks for letting me know there is another sleever out there who takes them.
Back to top Go down
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: melatonin/Circadin -sleep   melatonin/Circadin -sleep EmptyFri 05 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

I take melatonin but since being sleeved they aren't working for me. Will take a tablet tonight as I need my sleep bit I'm only 8 days post op.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: melatonin/Circadin -sleep   melatonin/Circadin -sleep EmptyFri 05 Apr 2013, 8:54 am

Melatonin for Sleep. I have always been a bad sleeper,can get to sleep quick but wake so many times,i wear a Fitbit tracker which shows my sleep rhythms, shows i can stir up to 22 times a night,i get up twice to go to the toilet.I saw my GP today and he was so pleased with my weight loss but i still have awful tiredness and i am religious with taking all my vits and iron etc and evreything else i need to.I did not want some addictive sleep tablet as they make you worse.My doc has put me on Circadin/ Melatoninwhich is a naturally produced hormone.I did ask if these were safe to take with the sleeve as they are so release,he said yes as they are a natural hormone.Is there any one else out there who has tried these for bad sleep etc ?? i am waiting for my dietician to get back to me about these,so i am hoping they are ok to take being natural.Being a sleever i tend to check and double check every medical thing i have to put in my mouth that goes down to my stomach. I am starting to think the tiredness i still have is from my bad sleep patterns and not sleeve related. Any one else take the Circadin/Melatonin ? I need total dark and quiet to sleeve and am getting roller shutters put on my windows in about a week so i hope they will help me sleep better by making my room heaps darker etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: melatonin/Circadin -sleep   melatonin/Circadin -sleep Empty

Back to top Go down

melatonin/Circadin -sleep
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Other Health Issues-
Jump to: