Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silvervine
Part of the furniture
silvervine

Female
Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-02-22

Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :)   Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :) EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 8:43 pm

Hi Zanesmum

Congratulations on your date for surgery :)

I know my Dr told me that they are taking out more bands then putting in these days due to complications. Sleeve is MUCH better. Have you joined the May monthy list yet?
Back to top Go down
Duckydoo
Part of the furniture
Duckydoo

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2013-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :)   Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :) EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 9:04 am

Hi Zanesmum! Welcome. Have you had a look at the 'From band to sleeve' sub forum? There's some great advice in there for people in your position. Hope it all goes well for you :)
Back to top Go down
zanesmum
zanesmum

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :)   Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :) EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 8:46 am

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself :

Im due to be sleeved on the 20th May, by Dr France in Adelaide. I had my lapband removed in November after nearly 7 years. The band worked fine in the beginning, I lost about 35 kilos, but started to suffer severe reflux, then once i had the band deflated to sort that out i could never get good restriction, i could either eat everything or not even get water down depending on the day. This went on for a couple of years while the reflux returned time and time again...... and I have regained nearly all the weight :(

When Dr France removed my lapband (he was not the doctor that put it in), he found that my stomach had slipped up through the band and was a lopsided mess...... so im waiting for 6 months for it to hopefully heal and be in good shape for the sleeve in may.

Ive been lurking on the forum for months and have learnt so much already. Thought it was time to introduce myself :)

Wishing everyone luck and health in their sleeve journey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :)   Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi! long time lurker, first time poster :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: