3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freddo1
Freddo1

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Appropriate kilojoule intake post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Appropriate kilojoule intake post op   Appropriate kilojoule intake post op EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 6:02 am

Thanks Susan and Susan - I didn't know about the Feb 2013 thread - I will hook into that.
Back to top Go down
Suze63
Suze63

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate kilojoule intake post op   Appropriate kilojoule intake post op EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 2:29 am

Hi Freddo,

I was thinking the very same thing this morning. Like you I'm 2 weeks out and have moved on to mushies today. I've searched earlier posts on this forum and it seems that 800- 1000 cals is the optimal range, but others might have some other advice from their surgeon/dietician.

As the other Susan said, be sure to pop over to the Feb13 thread. A great bunch of people, full of support.

All the best
Susan
Back to top Go down
suzyf
suzyf

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate kilojoule intake post op   Appropriate kilojoule intake post op EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 12:34 am

Hi Freddo,
I don't know the answer but I was sleeved 2 days prior to you and can relate to what you are saying. I have no idea of the kj but usually manage about 600 - 800 cals - I am not really monitoring but I do track my protein intake and as a consequence see the cals.
Come and join us on the February 2013 sleevers thread and ask your question - someone will have more info than me http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t11200-february-2013
Congratulations on getting this far.
Susan
Back to top Go down
Freddo1
Freddo1

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Appropriate kilojoule intake post op   Appropriate kilojoule intake post op EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 12:28 am

Hi allL:

I'm 2 weeks out and doing pretty well (8 kilos down). I'm still having the odd episode of light-headedness, however, and wonder whether in kilojoule intake is adequate. I know they say to do protein first, but it's a bit hard to get that in (in mushy form) as well as all the other stuff. Fish is OK, and so is egg, but I'm not game to try too much in the way of meats etc at this stage. And I find protein shakes blah - Sustagen is too sweet and some of the others are just icky.

I'm probably taking in about 3200 kj a day at the moment.

Be glad of any advice.

Freddo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Appropriate kilojoule intake post op   Appropriate kilojoule intake post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Appropriate kilojoule intake post op
Page 1 of 1