3 posters
AuthorMessage
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Daily Calorie Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Calorie Intake   Daily Calorie Intake EmptySat 16 Feb 2013, 9:03 am

I'm not sure - I was never really encouraged to count calories (I'm obsessive so wanted to) but my dietitian was happy with my consumption and I lost weight fairly fast. At the start it was fine, but as I got down to lower weights I found I did stop losing if I didn't eat enough, but I was exercising 90mins a day too so I had to increase my calories. Maybe chat to a dietitian about what is right for you, I think it does vary from person to person.
Back to top Go down
Tinytum81

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Daily Calorie Intake   Daily Calorie Intake EmptySat 16 Feb 2013, 8:32 am

Is 600 too low? I am concerned my body will go into starvation mode and I will not lose weight.
I think I could do it as I am not overly hungry but just want to get off on the right foot.
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Daily Calorie Intake   Daily Calorie Intake EmptySat 16 Feb 2013, 8:12 am

I aimed for about 600 a day for the first few months (it was pretty hard to do this for a while), then increased to 800-1000 once I started exercising more regularly. At maintenance now I aim for 1800.
Back to top Go down
mooka-manda
mooka-manda

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Daily Calorie Intake   Daily Calorie Intake EmptySat 16 Feb 2013, 7:17 am

Hi Tinytum I am almost 4 weeks post op and eat between 600-800 calories and aim for 50g protein. I don't eat a lot of meat so sometimes it's hard. I see the dietitian on Wednesday so hopefully she tells me I'm doing it right! Lol. But I'm loosing weight :) and everyone else says to aim for around 800-900 cal per day increasing to 1200? After the first year. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope you're going well.
Back to top Go down
Tinytum81

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-02-15

PostSubject: Daily Calorie Intake   Daily Calorie Intake EmptySat 16 Feb 2013, 4:20 am

Hey,
I was wondering if anybody can tell me how many calories you should aim for daily?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Calorie Intake   Daily Calorie Intake Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Calorie Intake
Page 1 of 1