4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teeli

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-08-27

Total Cost  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Cost    Total Cost  EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

Hi Dave... Aint it a pain that everything costs so danged much? LOL... seriously, though, it IS an expensive business, if you don't have insurance.
I don't.
I did have, but they would not cover what they considered to be "cosmetic surgery" when I had the Band put in. It cost me $18000.00...and I had to borrow to do it.I am in NZ.
I have just had the Band removed, and it cost me $8000.00...in Feb I get Sleeved and it will cost me another $18000.00....so, I have had to use all my nest egg up on surgery, plus a loan...but in the end, it is going to be so worth it!.
Health Insurance in NZ is horrendously expensive, and they balk every step of the way when it comes to using it...but, the privately funded health system, ie, paying out of one's own pocket is horrendous, too.
I am green with envy when I read about the costs over in Oz...*sigh*..
Find the best way for you, and GO for it! Total Cost  542174
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Total Cost  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Cost    Total Cost  EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 4:54 am

Hi Dave,
Always a good idea to discuss this with your doctor too!
Also ask which hospitals they operate at and then you can discuss with doc, hospitals and health funds as some have affiliations with specifics and dollars certainly do count!
Ask lots of questions and then more, its a lot of money even with health insurance!
Linda :-)
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Total Cost  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Cost    Total Cost  EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 1:45 am

I think you will find that Val was bulk billed but she also had insurace on top of that whch would have helped with the hospital and other out of pocket costs which will ot come under the bulk billing of the surgeon.

I was bulk billed by my doctor as he put the band in and removed it and did the sleeve however the hospital and the gas are not so you would have to find the money for that.

Even though I was bulk billed and had top cover plus insurance I was still 1800 out of pocket.

You would need to get a quote from your doctor for estimated costs
Back to top Go down
Dave T

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Total Cost  Empty
PostSubject: Total Cost    Total Cost  EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 1:39 am

Hi

Can anyone advise me what the cost for having a sleeve operation in Brisbane would likely be for someone that does not have private health insurance??

I noticed one member VAL 007 said that her procedure was bulk billed, can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me.

Would I be better of getting health insurance??

Thanks Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Total Cost  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total Cost    Total Cost  Empty

Back to top Go down

Total Cost
Page 1 of 1