Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gettingthere

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Weight increase after band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

Perfectly said Trishah! I was starting to feel a little bad for the weight gain today as when I tried on my jeans they were a little too snug Confused

From reading this I think your right on the money. After all what I went through with the band I've just been enjoying eating all those foods that I threw up or got stuck with the band. Everything from pineapple to carrot cake! I'm finding that yes I am gaining weight but (I know this sounds silly) I feel I deserve this "break". In 5 weeks I'll have the sleeve for life and it will forever change what and how I eat. I would hate to look back after the sleeve and question of it was the right decision. I want to look back and say, yep I made the right choice in getting rid of the band and I no longer "miss" certain foods as I got to enjoy them during my break from WLS.

I'm even going on a holidays with my partner next week to check out some restaurants and wineries! Try not to worry about the weight gain, it will only make the weightless more enjoyable. If people do make comments about your weight gain, just think how great it will be when they then ask "have you lost weight?". Be kind to yourself that's all you should be worried about, I know that's all I'm doing kiss

Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012, 3:22 am

Can you bring yourself to start eating low carb and protein first... it will help lessen the cravings when you start opti and start training you for how to eat with the sleeve.

I personally ate my head off...gained weight and got it out of my system. I do understand how you feel though but I was like a dog let off a chain. It also helped my tummy stretch right out so I got a better sleeve.

Doc told me my stomach had regained a good shape ...and I know how cos I ate like a pig.

Make peace with yourself honey. This is forever and this few more weeks you have to go will go fast and be nothing but a blip on the radar.
Back to top Go down
raniroo
raniroo

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptyWed 15 Aug 2012, 2:27 am

I'm trying not to think about the weight gain but I still have about 5 weeks before I need to start Opti (and I won't start earlier than need be because I hate the stuff) and my head is really playing games with me emotionally. I know it will come off again once sleeved, but it's disheartening when you start to not fit into your "skinny" clothes anymore!
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 12:59 pm

Nicky I dont think that feeling will ever leave us but try to see it as a positive as it will keep the weight off once you lose it.
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:48 am

Thanks Trishah

As usual you say all the right things!!

I suppose I'm feeling very self conscious and wondering if people realise that I am putting on weight. Before the band I was very worried about what people thought, I lost that feeling to a degree when I lost the weight. You'd think as we get older we wouldnt worry as much about those things but guess it's hard to break old habits.
Back to top Go down
yesican

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

I think my car could do with a good wash too. That should keep me busy for a while. Not sure if I am meant to be stretching yet though. (Not a big car , just a short person , 5 ft)
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:40 pm

you wont stack it all back on and in truth a lot of it is water weight.

I know how hard it is not to stress about it.. I did my fair share of sweating bullets but what went on came off so quickly that it wasnt worth the worry.

And yes a nice walk would do the two of us good
Back to top Go down
yesican

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:32 pm

I know you are right , but it just seems like the last couple of years would have been a waste of time if I stack that weight back on. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day. I think a good walk is in order! Thanks Trisha for your reassurance.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:23 pm

Dont worry it comes off during opti... try not to stress about it.. dont make the process worse for yourself.

Try and focus on how great life will be once you get the sleeve. I have not heard one bandit/sleever with regrets of the weight they gained during band removal.

Big hug girls the best is yet to come.
Back to top Go down
yesican

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:06 pm

Oh no, now I'm stressed again! I'm 10 days out from having my band out and thought I was doing ok - until last night! Now its like nothing is satisfying me. Tomorrow I will try really hard to control myself . It would be nice just to maintain my weight at least while waiting for sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 10:33 am

Copied from November 2012 Sleevers

Come on November!!

I hate wishing my life away but OMG, my weight
is skyrocketing. Spoke with my dietician and she said that
unfortunately that's what happens when the band is removed. The only
control I have is to make good food choices, but even this won't stop my
weight from increasing.

She said that I have done really well as I have only gained 4 kg since band removal but it doesn't make me feel much better.

The body is an amazing machine but sometimes it can be cruel.

Weight increase after band removal 878453
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight increase after band removal   Weight increase after band removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight increase after band removal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: