8 posters
AuthorMessage
beckash
beckash

Female
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2012-08-07

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 1:58 pm

same with me wannabe

Im glad they have moved my surgery forward I spent the last week not being able to shut down at night my mind would start racing when i went to go to sleep (good & bad). So was tired grouchy and sick all week with tired headaches.... If they had of left my surgery at the original date I think i might have changed my mind. But for some reason with the call from DHS and the date being brought forward a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Im still scared but starting to think in 25days my knew life journey begins
Back to top Go down
wannabe_rockStar
wannabe_rockStar

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-08-09

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptySat 11 Aug 2012, 4:10 am

awesome!!!! beckash What am I doing? 542174

I think for meeh quick timeframe makes it harder for me to talk myself out of it Will be looking forward to hearing how it all goes for you XX
Back to top Go down
beckash
beckash

Female
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2012-08-07

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

Hi wannaberockstar

Go for it... Its fallen in your lap for a reason. Im new here but the forum and pages have given me alot of support and knowledge.

When I first went and saw my surgeon (19 July) i was so excited but over the following weekend I got into my own head so much so that I talked myself out of it by finding every reason under the sun no to do it.

the following week I talked to my GP and a few close friends and the admin person at my surgeons, they put me on to a fellow patient just so i could actually speak to someone who had it done (not sure if your surgeon does this - i recommend it).

On the 1st August I emailed my docs to DHS .. Was told 10 business days and a letter would be sent in the mail with either a yes, no or more information required.

Had all my other test done and a hospital date was set for 19th September. Today out of the blue at work DHS called and advised that yes they were releasing the funds form my super (only 8 days). They will be sending out a letter for me to send to my super trust. I had just hung up the phone when my phone rang again it was my surgeons rooms there was a cancellation and my surgery is getting moved up to the 5th Sept .... 2 WEEKS EARLIER!!!!.

So in my eyes my new life begins today I can start planning for my future ... And that everything happens for a reason

I think now is also your time... your phone calls happened for a reason...

GOOD LUCK & ALL THE BEST!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wannabe_rockStar
wannabe_rockStar

Female

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 6:12 am

Thank you so much ladies for all the encouragement. I am a bit excited about it today! i saw my GP to get my letter and she said that she didn't feel comfortable writing on it that it was a life threatening illness!!! I told her that my super won't pay if she doesn't do it! Anyway, talked her around.

So it's go, go, go... getting all my paper work together this weekend and will send it first thing on Monday :)

X
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyFri 10 Aug 2012, 12:05 am

Go For It - Its a Sign.

Im having mine on the 25th:-)
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm

as the girls have said

you have waited 2 years for this, something is telling u now is the time.

run with it - a good decision is a quick decision lol and u sound like me - u want everything now lol

good luck and hope u join the september sleevers month and get motivated by those peeps
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 10:47 pm

i agree with the other girls. if you have waited 2yrs so i think you know what you want. see how you go with the money thing
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 10:19 pm

Hi wannaberockstar

I agree with Kate, it is a sign and you should go with it, having the sleeve has been the best thing I have ever done and most people who have the sleeve end up asking themselves why they waited so long to do it.

This is a great forum full of helpful people so ask away with all your questions and use the search key to look up as many topics as you can to get all the info you need. There are topics on weight loss, surgeons, hospitals, accessing super, pregnancy after your sleeve etc, just type in the search key and read read read.

Good luck with your journey and welcome aboard,

Melissa
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

G'Day wannaberockstar (Love the name!)

Hey you cancelled 2 years ago for various reasons & now a cancellation has fallen in your lap! Go with the flow hon I also think its a sign :)

I waited 6 weeks for my initial consultation with my surgeon then was operated on 7 days later!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes a cancellation fell in my lap & I ran with it. When I went to see him I didnt even think he would operate (bmi of 36) but walked out with a date & 7 days to find $5K LOL! I do not regret anything, especially not having too much time on my hands to think about it.What am I doing? 697586

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:54 am

Hi wannabe Welcome to the site. It is a great source of information and support. Before I went to see my surgeon I did lots of reading on here and also talked to my sister who was sleeved in Sept 2010 and an acquaintance who was sleeved in Oct 2010. This led me to have a list of questions a mile long for the surgeon. By the time I got to the surgeon though I had decided what I wanted and all I needed him t do was make an appointment for the surgery. I am scheduled for the op on 17th August.
Good luck with your appointments and this is great place to catch up with ppl at different stages of the journey to pass on their experiences.

Liz
Back to top Go down
wannabe_rockStar
wannabe_rockStar

Female

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: What am I doing?   What am I doing? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

Hi everyone.

I was booked to have this surgery over two years ago and piked out because I didn't want to wait 12 months before trying to get pregnant. Ironically, it's 2 years later and I'm still not pregnant!

So, today I phoned the local clinic to ask when the next seminar was on in my area. They said it wouldn't be on until late September. They said that would work out well as the waiting list for the surgeon i wanted to see was quite long and I probably wouldn't get in until late this year. I was a bit disappointed cos when I get an idea in my head I like to run with it.. Anyhow, a few hours later i got a call back to say that there has been a cancellation and I can have the spot for surgery on the, wait for it...... 24th September!!!!! I was gobsmacked. I don't know if I'm ready. My head is trying to come up with a thousand excuses as to why this is not good. LOL. To rush things along, the surgeon is going to see me next week, although it is normally his week off from seeing patients!! Is this a sign? I am still in shock I think. Wowsers.. So now I am rushing around like a blue a***ed fly trying to get referrals, letters, submit the request to my super fund, etc, etc.... I only called to see when the seminar was on!!!!! Haha

I have a million questions running through my head and honestly - I just don't know if I am gonna be able to pull this off. Talk about being under the pump.

Anyway, that's me for now..... but I will be back with those million questions.

What am I doing? 833240
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What am I doing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What am I doing?   What am I doing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What am I doing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: