Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kyl

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright?   Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:38 am

Thanks for your reply Trisha! The tip about the doctors letter is very helpful. We are doing a cruise for 4 nights and the other two weeks Disney World. The two wks at WDW often have character meals that my children want to attend. I just hate paying adult buffet prices for character meals when I know I will only eat like u say half a cup full. At least if I get charged at childrens rates its some compensation....
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright?   Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 4:30 am

I had my sleeve done in march so if you go by my timeline it is roughly where you would be post sleeve and on your holiday....

Having been to the states several times myself the biggest problem you will have is with portion sizes. You will be able to eat the full gamut of foods but only about half a cup full maximum of anything so with their enormouse size serves and your eyes and head not being sleeved I would suggest that would be your only issue.

Most restaurants in America honour doctors bariatric cards so get a letter off your doc stating you have had VSG and can only eat tiny meals and you will get kids rates in restaurants.

I would suggest eating off your partners plate would be the standard go... and on most cruises you can get a smorgasbord which again would be good cos you will be able to choose what and how much you eat.

Food wise it wont be a prob for what you can eat but it will be an issue as to how much at 15 weeks
Back to top Go down
kyl

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright?   Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 2:36 am

Hi all, as some of you already know I had my band out a few mths ago now. What a relief that was! Yes it was painful, I have to say more painful that getting it in. BUT so worth the pain as now I can sleep without 4 pillows and have not vomited since. The heart burn I have to say still shows its ugly head every now and then. But no where near like it did with the band. So those of you who haven't had it out yet, just do it....I really think I should of had mine out 12mths earlier but was in total denial over it. Wasn't until my Surgeon said, this isn't working for you that I was forced to realise that in fact no it wasn't and the side effects were so uncomfortable. Endless nights of waking up vomiting...anyway all in the pass now.

My question is to those that have had the sleeve done, we have a holiday booked for the USA at the end of October. So only 15 weeks post operation. What sort of things will I be able to eat? Do you think going on a cruise is a bad choice? I am really worried as we have spent so much time, money and effort into planning and paying for this holiday. My children and husband are really excited and I would hate to pull the plug due to my sleeve. However I know the sleeve will also stop me from coming home alot heavier...in fact i may well be the first Australian to come home from the states having lost weightBand out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? 65317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright?   Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright? Empty

Back to top Go down

Band out now sleeve booked for 11th July....and holiday 3mths after will I be alright?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: