Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)

Go down 
+5
Kateh (Bluedog)
Strawberrychick
Kate
LittleMissCee
molly03
9 posters
AuthorMessage
molly03

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-06-05

I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 8:18 am

Thanks for your kindness ladies:) I was surprised how the anxiety about it physically manifested itself. With my head playing so many games with itself as well, best I step back - again!! Going to try to take on some sleeve necessities like low carb, enough protein, chewing lots and steering clear of empty calories like chocolate!! As well as lots of walking so will see how i go. Still serious about results, so not writing off the sleeve by any means, but just not meant to be for me right now. Thanks again tho, and a special shout out to margs... You go girl:).... You're in good hands here, might see all you here again some time.

Regards,
Molly:)
Back to top Go down
Magickal1
Magickal1

Female
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 12:16 pm

Hi Molly ,

best of luck and these things are best done when you feel this is right for you and not anybody else. I commend you for at least not sticking your head in the sand. Investigate and make the choice when your ready :)
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

Good luck Molly!! Wishing you big success hon x
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 10:38 am

Hi Molly,

Nothing is black and white so don't berate yourself and cause yourself more stress. Everyone will still be here for support when things cahnge for you. My best wishes to you also.

Few decisions are easy, but when you make your desision please remember that before you say yes to someone ask yourself if you are saying no to yourself.
Back to top Go down
molly03

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyThu 07 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

Hi everyone,
After more nail biting and headaches & stress eating, even after much reassuring knowledge from a few different sources about the sleeve, I have come to the conclusion that I'm simply not ready right now. I'm giving myself 6 months to get somewhere. Might see you all again in the future but only time will tell. Best wishes & continued success.

Molly:-) xx
Back to top Go down
molly03

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyWed 06 Jun 2012, 10:13 am

Hi miss margs:)
It's a great site to stumble onto isn't it. Thanks for dropping in on the thread and I'm glad you identify with what's being said. I really feel for you that you were going so well loosing weight on your own, and ended up finding it again and then some:( Very demoralizing, but I'm sure that's exactly what brings people to take a step like the sleeve. It's still sooo hard getting stronger within the decision. I'm still not quite there. Been poking around randomly reading threads but my plan now is to really spend as much time as I can reading the diary section. That's surely the best way to live the journey of these ***Super Sleevers***. To take a plunge like this in my eyes defines BRAVE. Will be looking out for you too. Nice ta meet ya!
Molly =)
Back to top Go down
MissM

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyWed 06 Jun 2012, 5:19 am

Molly, I'm so glad I stumbled across this forum (and your post) today as I'm in the exact same position.

I had my initial consultation with my surgeon last year in January and he told me to get lost and keep trying to lose the weight on my own (at that point I was down to 98kg from 122kg and had hit a plateau) ... I went back to him in January -this- year (at 135kg) and the look he gave me was one of "oh ... maybe you did need help ..."

He gave me the options - band vs sleeve - and sent me away to do the research myself on what would work, what seems better. All in all he was not overly helpful and I left there quite confused and more than a little bit anxious.

I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing about which is going to work better for me and I'm thinking that the sleeve is the way to go.
As it is, I can't have my surgery before November this year as that when my Health Cover kicks in. That might make me seem a bit stingey ... but I am a student and, while I work full time, I just simply can't afford the procedure without Medibank's help.

It's great to know there's someone else walking in my shoes (in fact, from reading - so MANY of us have worn the same shoes by the looks of it!!) ... I look forward to hearing how your decision making goes. We can trek this track together =)

Miss Margs xx
Back to top Go down
molly03

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyWed 06 Jun 2012, 12:27 am

Thank you lovely sleevers for your thoughts and support. I had a great night sleep last night which i so needed. I love this site and am realizing how vulnerable so many of us are (or we're before having the op).
Something i woke up thinking about is that since childhood, food has always been such an easy thing to have around for socializing, comfort and everything really. Handing over the control to a tiny stomach and taking home the huge challenge and responsibility to play by the rules won't be easy, or always possible, but as so many people have found, so worth it.
Hugs,
M :-)

Ps: cherryseven I've seen body trim advertised and it looks like there are great results. Am interested in finding out more about it as it may help me post sleeve too. I only just noticed you are so newly sleeved. Really hope the surgery went well. Will be looking out for you:) best wishes, m x
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:53 pm

Hi Molly,

I bought the Bodytrim+ program, while I was on it my cholesterol went down, the only trouble I had was the portion sizes I was still hungry so I reverted to old habits. I am fairly confident that with the sleeve I can go back to following the BT program, I did find that increasing my protein I had more energy and was less sluggish.
I wish you all the best in making your decision which only you can do, I can say that it has taken me some time to come to mine and yes I'm still nervous but also excited to finally be taking control, I have tried lots of things over the years without long term success so I see this as my tool to achieving a healthier and happier me.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Hi Molly & welcome you are in good hands on this forum.

My situation was slightly different I didnt get much time to give the operation much thought, 8 days from my surgeons initial appointment to surgery, but it was a good thing. I didnt have too much time to dwell on any negatives I was too busy trying to get my life organised before I went under the knife. LOL.
Not one regret, best decision I ever made but like LMC said its your decision & only you so you have to be confident going into it.
Protein protein protein. Get used to those words, meat, eggs, beans ect will make up 3/4 of your diet & I believe will be for the rest of our lives if we want our continued sucess with the sleeve. It is a tool so we have to use it right!!

Good luck.
K x
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

Molly I say you're ready if you want to do it hon. I don't think there'd be anyone who hasn't gone into this with some concerns. On balance though, for me it's been worth it. SO worth it. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives such as struggling to drink enough water, missing eating some vegies etc. I think it comes good for most people after a while anyway. Trust your instincts hon, inform yourself through the professionals you're seeing and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. Best of luck xx
Back to top Go down
molly03

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 12:16 pm

Wow Kate, you look great:) congratulations on your success.

Thank you, guess in a nutshell I'm just so scared of failure and knowing its permanent spooks me. Its such a huge learning curve of change which I would need to get used to. And like you said we're not perfect. Nothing to be taken lightly, but your right that when we 'weigh' it all up lol ', its so worth it.

Might sleep better tonight, thanks again:) Tomorrow night: we'll see lol

molly
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 11:53 am

Hi Molly, I really don't think anyone can say they were 100% ready for this surgery so you're not alone there. I guess you have to get to the stage where reasons for wanting/needing it far out weigh the reasons not too. I'm not going to lie the first 3 months are the worst and the most trying but let's face it what's 3 months of juggling enough protein and enough fluid as against a healthy rest of your life. I'm just over 9 months out and I still juggle things and get it so totally wrong some days. Today is a perfect example. I got called away from home earlier than I was ready for so I'd had no breakfast, I didn't have a chance to make up cordial water to take and I didn't even have a protein bar in my bag. Result; today I have had no where near enough protein, no where near enough water and I skipped breakfast all together. It happens. No one is perfect.
Back to top Go down
molly03

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

Thank you C,

I had in my mind that the foods were everything in moderation, but making sure to include protein. Then when I went to see the surgeon he just put so much emphasis on protein and it threw me a bit.

Still in research mode and really trying not to loose sight of the reasons why I need to and want to do this. Focussing on the positives and being in a supporting environment is what will really help too.

Thanks again:)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 10:41 am

Hi Molly,

Welcome to the forum.

I was a veggies girl too. You eventually get used to not eating them for awhile, then slowly bringing them back in.

We all loved/love food here. I still do.

Having this surgery doesn't mean you'll be on a diet for the rest of your life and only live on bits of boiled chicken for protein.

I still eat majority of foods, but just in smaller portions and in moderation.

I won't say you're not ready, as we all have similar concerns and fears before the surgery.

But if you feel you're not ready, then post pone. Simple as that.

Good luck with your decision.

C
Back to top Go down
molly03

Female

PostSubject: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) EmptyTue 05 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

Hi everyone,

I have come full circle after considering the sleeve and chickening out a couple of times now. I'm more ready than I have ever been, but my mind and my love of food both petrify me. I'm also concerned about how i would go adhering to the new rules of having so much emphasis on protein and from what I was told by the surgeon there wont be much room for vegetables, different to what I've read here confusingly. Have been to all my appointments with surgeon, dietician & exercise physiologist so technically i'm just the opti diet away from having the op. I guess I'm here for some support and to be amongst people who can relate to the head stuff I'm dealing with. I have a list as long as my arm why I want to do this but right now to be honest, I'm bingeing more than I was before I started thinking seriously about having the op again. Í'm not sleeping too well either. I can see myself getting responses that i'm not ready, but I dont want to be big into my old age and i'm turning 40 next year and want to strut the best me and give myself the gift of health for the future.

Thanks for reading, any feedback would be appreciated. Also, congratulations to everyone who has taken the big plunge and changed their lives for the better. I hope I will make my decision soon as my procrastination is giving me headaches lol.

m:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)   I'm new:  So ready, but so not, please help:) Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm new: So ready, but so not, please help:)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: