13 posters
AuthorMessage
bfly1977
bfly1977

Female
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-03-11

Gall blader issues post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

I am 1 year post op and had my first gall bladder attack at the end of May - 2 days before our holiday to Thailand! it was the most excruciating pain and I was so close to calling an ambulance :( Had another attack last week and have an ultrasound appointment this Wednesday. Totally freaking out about the possibility of going under the knife again and the sheer logistics of it all 3 kids demanding job recovery etc.....

Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptySun 03 Jun 2012, 11:59 pm

Had my first attack about 6 months post sleeve and an Ultrasound last Friday confirmed the stones. Am making an appointment today with a surgeon which sux because it means more time off work for me and hubby and we have soooo much on in the next few weeks :( Better to not have to worry about attacks though so the sooner the better!
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 11:39 am

Yes I had my first gall attack 9 months after my sleeve but when I went to the ER I was very very sick and they thought I was bleeding internally so didnt pick up the gallstones....but identified the kidney cancer.

Anyway.

January this year I felt horrible and fainted twice at work. I was taken by ambulance and admitted for 9 days as I had pancreatitis and also many stones and complications during the gall bladder surgery- they were jammed into the bile duct and the surgeon couldnt get them all out. So I needed a second procedure to open a valve/sphincter in the bile duct permanently so the stones would just filter out. So even though its common after weight loss its a relatively easy procedure- just not for me (of course Gall blader issues post op 595690 )

The surgeon who did the gall for me (wasnt my sleeve surgeon as he was on leave) said he'd actually not ever seen anything like it.....

Means Im special I guess!

So yes its a nasty thing and the attacks are horrible. I hope you get it out and some relief soon xoxoxo
Anyway,
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 8:45 am

Two months post sleeve I started having gall pains/attacks and about seven weeks later had my GB removed when they finally worked out that there was sludge causing the pain, no stones were present. My sleeve surgeon did the surgery and I think I was only a couple hundred dollars out of pocket for the aneathestist, my private health insurance and medicare covered everything else.

Hope you're pain free soon. I feel really grateful that it all happened last year, cause now that I'm pregnant, and gall problems are apparently common during pregnancy, I am relieved not to be going through all of that now. I've had no negative side effects, but make sure that I never over do it with fried, greasy or fatty foods. That to me is a positive! :D
Back to top Go down
BassSlappa

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 7:25 am

Hey!
I'm also having gall bladder issues post-sleeve. I had an ultrasound the other day and my sleeve surgeon confirmed there were stones and sludge.
Hmmm...
More surgery! :/ lol
I know how you feel, the attacks are painful. :(
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 12:41 pm

When I met with my surgeon about getting my sleeve done he said if anything happends because of the sleeve within 2 years of my sleeve op, eg gall blader issues he would op for free. As he said often it will need to come out within a couple years post sleeve.
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 11:21 am

Hey Chicka

I had my gallbladder out in 2002. Best thing ever. I had terrible attacks and a stone got stuck. I had to pass it. The most painful thing I've ever experienced.

I was in surgery to have it removed two weeks later and have had zero probs since.
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 11:16 am

Hey there
Mine surgeon removed my gallbladder .. it was about a year after my sleeve
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 9:06 am

spanks ya
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 5:43 am

Dr Taylor does all that to.Trishah nice photo
Back to top Go down
Suzie

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Gall Bladder   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 5:40 am

Hi Bec,
Dr Greenslade does take out gall bladders. I got mine out on the coast though by Doctor Justin Darcy - he was brilliant!!
Suzie
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 5:16 am

great pic trishah

I am sure the nurse I see had dr d remove her gall bladder too.

I think alot of gastric surgeons started as gastrointestial drs.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 4:21 am

Yup they can...or mine can he is an upper gastrointestinal bariatric surgeon. So that means he does everything between the nose and the navel.

Pretty sure yours will be the same!
Back to top Go down
chickaboomboom
chickaboomboom

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 2:05 am

Hi all ultrasound has confirmed "sludge" in my galblader - explaining the horrible horrible pain i have been getting recenetly - my question is - can our sleeve surgeon do the gallblader removal as i want mine OUT !!! - also anyone else had problems post op with gallblader ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gall blader issues post op   Gall blader issues post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Gall blader issues post op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: