AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu Empty
PostSubject: Re: eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu   eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu EmptyFri 01 Jun 2012, 3:46 am

I had the flu and laryngitis less than a week before surgery, I still went ahead.

I did get quite ill following surgery. Not sure if it was related to that though.

If in doubt, post pone your surgery for a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
pharie

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu   eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu EmptyTue 29 May 2012, 2:14 am

Thankyou for the support it turns out I have tonsilitis, the GP seems to think 1 or 2 courses of antibiotics will clear it up, I am just hoping that will be enough time
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu   eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 11:44 pm

Hi Pharie
Sorry to hear you are not well so close to your surgery date.
If it were me I would be beating a path to the dr's door in case there is anything he could do to prevent infection etc. But this is my feeling only.
Good luck and hope you are feeling better really soon
Jessied
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu   eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 11:44 pm

go to your gp and call your surgeon, from what I understand they wont operate if ou are sick because of possibility of infection but check. don't panic :)
Back to top Go down
pharie

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu   eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 10:44 pm

Hi all,

I have my surgery booked 2 weeks from today and I have flu, I am tempted to go to the GP and get antibiotics as I have a small child to look after, I am just wondering if this would be ok, has anyone else been sick just before their surgery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu   eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu Empty

Back to top Go down

eep 2 weeks until surgery and I have flu
Page 1 of 1