DHS
DHS

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-01-20

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 12:06 pm

Hi again,
No I haven't started opti, I'm in Fiji!!
Back home next week, will start opti on the 3rd.
I ha e to organise a lot of help for home as have a 1& 2 year old to look after and I won't be able to lift them. The 1 yr old isn't even walking as yet so needs lots of picking up and my 2 yr old is still a big baby. Food, as long as my Gil's r fed I'm happy and thy are pretty easy to deal with. My partner will fend for himself but luckily we already have a freezer full of cooked meals.
Good luck o you with so much to do!!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 8:57 am

Hi Deb,

I agree with you this forum is fantastic for support and information. I so wish I was having my sleeve done in June but Dr France is removing my band on 6 June, so I will have to be patient and wait until he says I can have it done.

Good luck with the op

Nicky
Back to top Go down
DJ51
DJ51

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-03-08

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 7:45 am

Thanks Chrissie,

not too long to wait. For me it's just long enough to organise my family, fill the freezer, and organise my team at work. I have a feeling it will fly from here.

Have you started the optifast yet?

Congrats on your weight loss to date, you are doing so well already.

Deb
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-01-20

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptyMon 28 May 2012, 7:27 am

Hi Deb,
Welcome to the forum and I see you have joined June sleeves thread.
We have the same op date! It's so exciting and you will be on the other side before you know it - so will I !!!!

Chrissie
Back to top Go down
DJ51
DJ51

Female

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 11:46 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.

I've been quite lucky, it took a long time to get my appointment with Dr Nancarrow but since then the appointment with Dr France was only a few days then surgery in less than 4 weeks.

I'm pretty comfortable with what I'm doing. The health benefits far outweigh the risks. I'm not looking for a fast loss, just a steady one. I haven't made it public knowledge regarding the sleeve only people with a need to know and my family. I want to be feeling better physically after surgery before I need to deal with the questions and comments from other people.

I'm not sure why people don't think before they open their mouths, I've heard some amazing comments from the very few people that know:

"I met someone that had that surgery, she looks good but she was eating kfc - what a waste why would she do that"
"I'm glad your doing it just don't get skinnier than me then I'll have to diet harder"

So one day at a time - I'll focus on the pre op diet, surgery then post op recovery. Hopefully after that I will feel strong enough to deal with people.

Deb
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 10:23 pm

Hi Beleive - What a great outcome, you must be thrilled. I am sure it helped having someone so close to you that could respond to your questions, as from what I have been reading on the forum a lot of people take a long time to decide this is the right option, and use the forum in an attempt to garner information.

Well done and good luck on your ongoing journey.

Regards, Janet
Back to top Go down
Believe
Believe

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 1:20 pm

Hi Deb

I was sleeved by Dr France on 8 March this year. I too took some time to make my decision but I have a son-in-law who was sleeved by Dr France in December 2010 and could see his progress and was someone who I could ask questions. I finally got up the courage to ask my GP for a referral in November 2011 and had an appt with Dr Nancarrow in November due to a cancellation and my appt with Dr France in January this year so I had plenty of time to think about it. A lot of people thought I was taking drastic action but I knew from my history of yo-yo dieting (I knew I could lose the weight but I couldn't keep it off) that this was the right decision for me because you can still eat a variety of food but just in a smaller quantity.

Well I have to tell you that so far it has been the best decision I have made. I had a really good recovery with no problems at all except that I do have some reflux problems which have been fixed with medication.

I lost 13 kg prior to the op and have lost 10.5 kg since making a grand total of 23.5 kg with another 7.5 to go.

Good luck with your op - I'm sure you will do well.

Best Wishes.

Ros
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.weight-loss-center.net"&
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 12:46 pm

Hi Deb,

Welcome to the forum and well done on your path so far. I also found it hard to get my head in the right space but found the Forum a great place to gain inspiration from. The 14th June will come quite quickly I'm sure. Di you had a long wait from first visit with Dr France to getting a date? If yes I imagine that would make the time go slower.

Everyone on the forum will be with you every step of your journey.

Cheers,

Janet
Back to top Go down
GeorgieCostanzo
GeorgieCostanzo

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 1:55 am

Hi Deb
Congrats on making the decision to sleeve. Im also due to be sleeved in June. My date is the 6th. There is a great thread called June Sleevers 2012 in the Sleevers monthly page. Come on over if you haven't already.
I've been on opti for two weeks now and i struggle so much with the weekends as well. Week days are easy but weekends are so hard to stick to. I've got 10 days left so i really need really need to pull my finger out. Haha.
Cheers Georgie.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 1:34 am

Not long to wait now Deb. In my opinion getting it right in your head is more than half the battle. If we can think right we usually follow that up with the right actions. Good luck with opti, I'm sure you will be just fine.
Back to top Go down
DJ51
DJ51

Female

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 1:28 am

Thanks Kate,

I've had my appointments and surgery is booked for the 14th of June. Ashford Hospital.

I've been half hearted on the optifast. I'm pretty good during the week but weekends are a killer. I start my full pre op diet tomorrow. 2 optifast a day with a protien and veg dinner.

The forum is fantastic, I read a lot of posts and opinions and it helps me get my head to where it needs to be. It helps me be realistic and ask the questions in my own head that need to be asked. I end each post with the thought "Will I feel like this and how will I deal with it if I do".

Deb
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 1:10 am

Hi Deb and welcome to the forum. This site certainly has a lot of info. I know it helped me so much when I was pre sleeve and continues to do so post op. When are your appointments? Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
DJ51
DJ51

Female

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Fresh start   Fresh start EmptySun 27 May 2012, 1:06 am

Hi all,

I've been reading posts here for a fews months and have to say they have been very informative and helped me take that big step of booking my surgery.

I'm Deb from Adelaide and I've been overweight for a lot of years. I investigated lap band about 2 years ago and wasn't convinced it was right for me. I started this year determined to look after myself and after having a last attempt at dieting I booked an appointment with Dr France and Dr Nancarrow.

I've slowly lost a little bit of weight this year and taken the time to get my head in the right space. I've done a lot of reading about the surgery and I've slowly been easing myself on to the optifast.

I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone and passing on my experiences for the next newbies looking for their answers.

Deb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fresh start Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh start   Fresh start Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh start
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: