~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Plastic Surgery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic Surgery    Plastic Surgery  EmptyThu 24 May 2012, 7:22 am

If it is aesthetic it is not covered but if it is medical (meaning has to be done because its causing you difficulty or pain) then it has a number for medicare rebate

And yes they do have different numbers and they can combine numbers to crunch it down.

For instance for tummies there are numbers for muscle repair and for skin removal... so combining those gives a bigger rebate. It all depends on how the doc you have writes it up. Some will go the extra distance others wont be arsed.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Plastic Surgery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic Surgery    Plastic Surgery  EmptyThu 24 May 2012, 7:08 am

I have had 3 plastic surgery procedure. I got very little back from medicare and my PHI. J when I get home I will PM you some figures.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Plastic Surgery  Empty
PostSubject: Plastic Surgery    Plastic Surgery  EmptyThu 24 May 2012, 1:38 am

Ok I'm getting myself confused with this whole plastics + medicare rebates.. surgeons gaps etc..

So I saw as plastic surgeon yesterday and whilst there explained to him that my GP was going to help my get as much as possible done via medicare. He told me that there's medicare rebates for all of them but they all vary..

Can someone give me a simple explanation of how this works ? Are there different medicare numbers for the same procedure which cover greater amounts of the cost ?

I basically want to know what areas of my body medicare will help me with.

Thanks.
James
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plastic Surgery  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic Surgery    Plastic Surgery  Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastic Surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Medicare Assistance-
Jump to: