9 posters
AuthorMessage
**Hollie11**
**Hollie11**

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-05-12

Glengarry Hospital WA Empty
PostSubject: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 1:35 pm

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts / opinions on Glengarry Hospital in Duncraig? I am hoping to get my sleeve done there by Dr Dolan later on in the year - I know he also operates out of Hollywood which I have read good reviews on but Glengarry is much closer for hubby to visit.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 3:11 pm

I am not sure about recovering from the sleeve op, but my son had grommets put in at Glengarry. No complaints from me.
Back to top Go down
lynlilangel
lynlilangel

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 3:40 am

I was at Glengarry to have my band out, and they were great. I too am hoping that Dr Dolan will sleeve me there as it is closer for my hubby to visit. My mum also had her band inserted there and she only had good reviews. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 4:56 am

I was sleeved at Glengarry. They were fantastic! Can't find any fault with the surgical team, nursing staff or anyone/anything. Dr D was there every morning to check up (I was in Fri - Sun).

The only warning I would give is that your leak test is done offsite, so have a robe or something to cover you. You get a bit of a taxi ride (across the street) and you may see members of the public at the radiology lab. They bring you in the back way but the waiting area was shared with the MRI, so I was seated with a girl and her mum.
Back to top Go down
BBrodie87

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013, 12:44 pm

**Hollie11** wrote:
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts / opinions on Glengarry Hospital in Duncraig? I am hoping to get my sleeve done there by Dr Dolan later on in the year - I know he also operates out of Hollywood which I have read good reviews on but Glengarry is much closer for hubby to visit.

Thanks

I had my bub there in 2011 and its an older hospital but its beautiful, staff are lovely and food = AMAZING!
i really highly reccommend Glengarry
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 2:06 am

Wow this is good to know as I am being sleeved by Dr Dolan on 9 August at Gengarry!
Will def have a robe with me! haha! :)
Back to top Go down
Mrsb

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyTue 08 Oct 2013, 1:07 am

So glad I just read this I am in on Friday and will now go and pack a robe!
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyTue 08 Oct 2013, 4:27 am

Mrsb wrote:
So glad I just read this I am in on Friday and will now go and pack a robe!
Mrsb I didn't use a robe as I was in my pj's by then anyways... so it didn't really matter... I think I just put a jumper on. :)

Good luck on Friday!
Back to top Go down
rik
rik

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 10:37 pm

Ohh exciting, I'm going to Glengarry this December for my sleeve, it's a bit far from home, but hubby and I are not fussed.
Back to top Go down
TinaLou
TinaLou

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA EmptySat 28 Jun 2014, 10:26 am

I was lucky enough to have my nursing prac placement at Glengarry in 2013 and spent some time on the surgical ward.  They were a great bunch of nurses and I thought very thorough in their care.  I was allowed to sit in on one operstion and guess what it was?  A gastric sleeve done by Dr Dolan!  I would be more than happy to have my sleeve done there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glengarry Hospital WA   Glengarry Hospital WA Empty

Back to top Go down

Glengarry Hospital WA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: