6 posters
AuthorMessage
untamed_angel277
untamed_angel277

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-08

I can`t drink my Protein Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 4:16 pm

HI There..... lol just with the mention of the protein shakes it makes me sick... i tried about 6 brands and every one of them made me vommit. i tried have lil 20ml shots of them every hour and mixing it into things and i still kept vomiting... for some reason it just did not agree with my system i felt ill the entire time i kept trying... so my dietien recomended just upping the eggs baked beans cheese milk (boost milk) and anything that had a high count... im just over 5 months post op ive noticed my hair molting a lil but that is normal for me this time of year anyway.. i think if you can keep up the high protein diet when you can eat more it goes alot better.... i think everyones system is different and if your gonna lose it no matter what you have or dont have its going to happen.. some people have hair thinning and they could take the supps and others are fine and same goes for people who dont.. just take each day as it comes and rememeber whatever happens your beautifull anyway and the end of all this is going to be worth it.....
Back to top Go down
http://untamedangel277.spaces.live.com/
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 3:46 am

Hey there....oh protein drinks....YUK, I purchased te biggest container I could find so I wouldn't go short in the bush, can't stand the stuff tried it twice and was on the verge of puking. Well basically I have manged fine with out it, and now have a big tin to give away if anyone actually likes it. Good Luck
Chook
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 2:24 am

Hi Sunny,
When I came out of Hospital I got that Ensure stuff (that is worse than optipuke!) and Chocolate Sustagen Hospital Formula. The Sustagen worked for me but do it slowly and I mix it with water not milk.

Otherwise try my version of the Up n GO 1 weetbix, 1Tb yoghurt (flavoured your choice) 1/4C Skim Milk and 1 Egg - all in a blender. It does take a while to drink but it is really filling and I don't need anything after having that until lunch at 1.00 when we have it at school. And it taste better than those premixed drinks - I almost barfed when I tried a real Up n Go.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein EmptySat 07 Feb 2009, 2:19 am

the consumption of protein shakes like this is a very american thing. Very few doctors outside of there ask their patients to drink them when they have a sleeve. Now I am in no way saying go against your doctor I am just saying so many of us survived with no harm never having looked at let alone swollowed a single one of them. So I just would not stress over it. Take your time sip them over a longer period maybe change to a different brand. Just do not panic. I hate to see those new getting all stressed if they are not on this magical time table or doing things at the rate they feel they should. Just go as your body will let you and keep sipping fluids of some form or another to stay rehidrated.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 11:15 pm

Hi Sunshine,

Is it all fluids you are having trouble with or just the protein ones that you mentioned?
You could try an egg flip (ie milk, egg, flavouring or fruit blended)
Because you have put you location as "here and there" I don't know which country you are from so I can't recommend specific products as they vary depending on where you live.
Back to top Go down
sunshine

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein EmptyFri 06 Feb 2009, 8:58 pm

I tried those tubes that have 24gramms each and today I tried a Proteinshake with vanilla flavor. I already had trouble even swallowing the shake without choking and now I feel very nauseated.
I`m worried cause I know how important protein is and always wonder why they just don`t make a pill.

Anybody has the same problem or does anybody know what else I can try?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can`t drink my Protein   I can`t drink my Protein Empty

Back to top Go down

I can`t drink my Protein
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: