AuthorMessage
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Blood in your vomit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 8:30 am

Thanks everyone, got an app with the GP. Hopefully it will be nothing!
Kate
Back to top Go down
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 6:56 am

I hope you're feeling better and not too anxious. I'm no expert but the first thing I thought of when reading your post was ulcers - which are apparently easily treatable. Good luck with the doc.!
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 6:51 am

Normally If vomitus is streaked with blood it's because of trauma. So even though it may not have been a violent spew a little damage may have been done on the way up. Especially as you've been on anti inflammatories which break down blood vessels.

I was taking big doses of NSAIDs and ended up with gastric ulcers. The blood vomit is called hematuria and is usually very fresh blood mixed with old which is a lot darker. Malena is when your poo is made up mostly of old blood and has a distinct smell. I had both within minutes and knew I was in trouble. My heart was galloping and I couldn't concentrate. Ended up in an ambulance.

Just check with your GP & surgeon. If you do do a yucky poo or big vomit which is primary blood (you will taste the iron) go to the hospital. But I'm sure you are ok. All the best xx
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: anti-inflammatories   Blood in your vomit? EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 5:51 am

I had to stop my arthritis medication 2 weeks before my surgery and I have not been allowed to re-commence because my GP said they are too harsh on my tummy. I take panadol osteo twice daily and luckily for me the more weight I have lost the less pain. I am more than 6 months out from surgery. If you are the slightest bit concerned do as others have said and see your Docotor asap.

Best wishes

G
Back to top Go down
sammyg85
sammyg85

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 11:34 pm

I threw up blood 5 weeks out with blood in it I called my surgeons office n his nurse said it was just because my tummy was a lil raw from my vitamins just call ur surgeon they will have more of an idea :)
Back to top Go down
Tigga
Part of the furniture
Tigga

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

Blood is not a good sign, Please check with a GP as soon as you can. I had an incident early hours of yesterday morning, where i woke up wanting to be sick, all I could manage was about half a cup of phelm, but nothing since. so i will be keeping an eye out. but there was no blood Please check.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

Sorry can't help with this one but I would definitely get in touch with either your GP or surgeon ASAP. Just to be on the safe side.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 3:08 pm

Hi all was just after some feed back on this. Has anyone else experienced it?
I searched old threads but only found the one & it was more about black/grey bile!

I am 6 1/2 months post op, have only had to throw up on roughly 6 occasions & that was usually caused by eating too fast or eating foods high in fat (fish & chips!!) So tonight after eating about a cup or less of creamy chicken casserole I felt "blurk" so had a chuck. Nothing violent or painful but the bile/vomit was streaked with blood. Not a lot but enough to alarm me. This has never happened before!!
So after answering a 1000 questions from the lovely health direct nurse she advised me to see my gp on Monday & that it was most likely caused by my anti inflammatorys (I havnt taken them for a week, they are low dose & have only been on & off them for the last 9 months!)
Would love some feedback.
Cheers
Kate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood in your vomit?   Blood in your vomit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood in your vomit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: