4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 9:20 am

LOL.... Settle Angel... it was in the eatin' area... but I figured it's passed thru now because I could poop again :)

fart
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

ooooh that blockage lol i thought u meant stuck up in the eatin area not the discarding area lol

people say pear juice is a winner

i use the all bran toppers now with my cereal - keeps me regular lol
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 8:47 am

Much better now Trishah :) I moved my bowels after 2 days!!!! Yippee!!! lol

Ok... I'm going slightly insane here!

Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? 314562
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 8:21 am

Hey Ellen how is it going
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 10:35 pm

Thanks Lin for you humour!! lol Yes, I'll be keen when it's all gone away too! I'm sitting here sipping on my hot tea and will try what Angel suggested being on clear fluids for 2 days :)

But then, a chocolate milk drink might be the go too.... ahhh... decisions, decisions~~!!! lol The things we have to get used to after a sleeve is mind boggling. At least I'm not sitting here dreaming about stuffing my face anymore!

Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? 796297
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 2:23 pm

good luck, cross fingers the gates will open and what is holding you back departs. yes I am being somewhat dramatic but this calls for some.

Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? 796297
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

Thanks for your advice Angel :) I will try the hot tea in the morning. If I do it now, I'll be up half the night from the caffeine.

Bit worried about the green tea Trishah on an empty though blocked stomach. A chinese herbalist once told me to only have green tea with food as it causes some drama. I can still feel it there, but hopefully the watermelon will work. I'll let you guys know in the morning.

Off to bed now! Night night all Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? 120705

Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

eww.. maybe it will just slide down tonight when your relaxed... I hope so anyway.

Did you try the hot green tea.

Milk? full cream milk works to shift a blockage too. it makes it slimy and helps it slip through. I used to use that a lot with the band when nothing else worked
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

ellen

i am certainly no expert, but i do suffer a bit from things "sticking" in my sternum area. Bread is the worst as it takes ages to break down.

I know its stupid but a cup of tea helps me - i think its the sipping and makes me burp. I tend to sit really straight up and stretch as hard as i can.

Ironically i discussed this with my surgeon today, he said sometimes - even though we feel we are ready - we can "damage' or aggrevate the entry point and then this inflames so it stops things coming back up . He said just go to fluids only for 24-48 hours until it heals. Ice blocks, runny clear broth etc. The stomach acids will eventually break it down - but less stomach so a bit longer.

Go read Feb sleever ormy diary for more on what he said... Not sure if coke is good - the gas may push it up lol..
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:52 am

I'll get some more coke tomorrow... would you believe I hate the stuff? lol Do you remember when you were heavily pregnant and ate too much? How the food just sat at he back of your throat? Or at least, that's how it feels to me. It's more the pain in my back which is odd... a wind pain? Who knows. I'm sipping on some tropical cordial right now.

I'd normally be able to chuck without a worry, but this was from yesterday morning... no chance.... ewwww
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

does it hurt?... perhaps perserveer with the coke... eventually it should eat round it and break it up. Use real coke not diet... I had a blockage with the band once and had to keep sipping away at the coke.

I could never spew anything up so I had to get it to go down.
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

Thought I'd try the yukking it up.... but that's just not going to happen after all this time. I just had some watermelon which being watery with a bit of solid should hopefully push things along.... That's the theory anyway. I feel like the lady in that nursery rhyme who swallowed a fly, then a spider to catch the fly etc.... Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? 68366 lol
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

How did you go schnooks
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

Hmmm.... maybe.... it certainly stops you from being hungry in anyway! lol.... what a bloody idiot I was! Silently cursing while kicking myself here lol

Crazy
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:24 am

I got a tablet loose with geen tea.. hot not cold...sipped.

Maybe the heat of it sipped will break up the bread
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 8:56 am

Hi guys

After being so ill last week and barely eating, I felt like toast on Friday morning. I toasted multigrain, cut off the crusts and had it with butter & promite. I had it again on Sunday, no worries. First day, could only eat a 1/4. But Sunday, I ate the whole thing... surprising... and no pain.

Yesterday, I decided to have some more, but after a few bites, it wasn't going down easily, and it was a struggle to eat anything all day. I woke up today with a really sore back on the right hand side and when I swallow water, it hurts a bit. I feel like I still have food sitting in my stomach, even though I've eaten nothing all day... Just water. Luckily, I was seeing my surgeon today and he was the one who said it's a blockage. He said my options are either yukk it up (ewww) or if it doesn't clear, I'll have to go back next week for something he puts down into your stomach to push the food down. He also suggested I try drinking coke. I did that, to no avail.

Has anyone got a remedy that might work? I'm worried about the thing down my throat (don't be rude!! lol) as it could take out some of the stitches... What a drama!!! I thought I was being safe... but I'm just not ready.

Help!!!

Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? 68366
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?   Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blockage after 4 weeks - Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: