Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

periods heavier after sleeve than before Empty
PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 11:22 am

tauret

THANKS!!!! That makes a lot of sense!!!! ok will stop stressing - lucky i have been tied 12 years ago - dont want babies now!!! lol
Back to top Go down
taueret
Part of the furniture
taueret

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-02-28

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 8:05 am

Fat is a tissue that makes a lot of oestrogen, and the more oestrogen you have, the more fat you store! Other hormones like cortisol, adrenaline and testosterone are all mixed up in complex loops of regulation.

In a nutshell, losing fat can cause major shifts in our hormonal milieu. A loss of even 5% of BMI can restore ovulation, for example. When we are losing fat, all bets are off as far as menstrual regularity! It's normal, and should settle when your BMI settles.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 10:05 am

not that I am glad, but relieved i guess that its not just me

did the dr have any reasoning behind this? and STILL?? after 5 months

gawd blimey!
Back to top Go down
Gen
Gen

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

Mine also heavier and more frequent than usual, and sorry to say this is still happening after 5 months. Used to get mine every 5 weeks or so and really heavy for 3 days then gone, at the moment it's every 20-25 days and lasts for a whole week. Urgh!
Back to top Go down
Giggle Puss
Giggle Puss

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 11:53 am

Hi Angel, mine are also heavier and longer than normal, always had pain maybe its the body releasing stress????
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 12:10 am

ginka

i guess we have to put it down to the body changing? maybe mine are healthier now than before -who knows - but i was looking forward to them disappearing!! not increasing lol
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

Mmm hormones must be my problem. I am normally a 28 day cycle person. I got mine in hospital 2 days after being sleeved and they were 5 days early. Then I got them again 4 days ago which was 2 weeks after the last one started and I was so unprepared, again! periods heavier after sleeve than before 697586
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 1:23 pm

thanks babe

no pain thank god - just the heavy bloated feeling.

not weighing self till they are over, figure no point lol
Back to top Go down
tinyteddy
Part of the furniture
tinyteddy

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm

hey sweet - i agree with bintang - hormones run amock and when they are we suffer through our periods. I still havent had one, not that Im worried. I had my fair share for the 6 weeks before surgery after having that stupid needle. I feel for you though. When I was going through my trouble a friend recommended ponstan period pain tablets. these are great not only for pain but they also lighten and lessen the flow. they are routinely prescribed for this apparently. anyway they sure helped me.
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 11:49 am

thanks bintang....... there is hope lol
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 11:25 am

My first couple of periods after surgery were heavier and longer than normal. I also got really bad cramping and headaches. However, now they seem lighter and I haven't been getting the cramps/headaches as badly as I used to (even before surgery). I think our hormones get really messed around for a while after surgery so hopefully things will settle down soon.

Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female

PostSubject: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 6:00 am

ok another period topic - before the sleeve, i was thinking i was working my way to menopause on schedule, periods were more sporadic and less heavy - 2 days and then one light day adn that was it

after my op, first period omg 6 days of heavy heavy - went through a pack of pads in a day... then a day off and then 2 more days.

4 weeks to the day - it starts - and its like after having a baby - its sooooo heavy!!!!

last night i was up 3 times to change............ even with the super pads!!

ok here i was thought i was pre menopause and now i am back to worse periods than i have ever had - no pain though.

me thinks chat to the surgeon man about it

after your thoughts girls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: periods heavier after sleeve than before   periods heavier after sleeve than before Empty

Back to top Go down

periods heavier after sleeve than before
Page 1 of 1