AuthorMessage
marescolt
Part of the furniture
marescolt

Female
Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2012-12-22

Children after sleeve ... ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptySun 03 Mar 2013, 11:17 am

Good luck Lady Zoe
Back to top Go down
LadyZoe
LadyZoe

Female
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Having kids   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptySun 03 Mar 2013, 9:53 am

Hey ladies I have had a long journey of IVF and infertility and miscarriages and basically the sleeve is our last option for me to be healthy prior to putting our last precious embryos back.

Thanks for having this thread.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptyFri 09 Nov 2012, 8:59 am

Loosing 10% of your body weight can be enough to kick start your fertility. My doctor likes you to wait 12 months but he has patients who were pregnant 8 weeks later! He said they were really surprised it happened so easy.

I had surgery to be healthier for pregnancy but I've kind of changed my mind about more kids
Back to top Go down
TheVeryHungryCaterpillar
TheVeryHungryCaterpillar

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptyTue 06 Nov 2012, 6:44 am

Hi guys,

I'm 26 now and I've just had the sleeve done. Previously we have undergone IVF/ICSI and I have two beautiful little girls. Our fertility is not female related- well, at least it wasn't until after I had my second child and had subsequent miscarriages and D&C's resulting in whats called Asherman's Syndrome (fancy name for scar tissue in your uterus, delightful...)

Anyway, if you are 23 and thinking of this surgery- it is only going to HELP you achieve your goal of motherhood. I believe that its best to wait at least 6 months after surgery to start trying, but this is ONLY because you are still losing lots of weight and your growing baby needs everything that they can get. Babies have this tendancy to take everything from you regardless of what you need, so its more that YOU could get really sick and have iron and vitamin A etc issues after baby is born.

HOWEVER, if you had almost reached your goal weight or you lose weight quickly post surgery and feel confident that you can maintain a healthy eating habit, then there's no reason you can't start trying 6 months after surgery. As long as you have healed well, and you're healthy, then there is no risk to you or baby as far as I know. I'm no doctor, but I can (to an extent) say that I've *been there done that* when it comes to making and having babies.

Take the advice your doctor gives you on how you are progressing with your weight loss after surgery, and be mindful that after surgery your body is changing rapidly- babies WILL make you put on weight for a while anyway, and you will undergo even more changes to your body- so you have to be very flexible with whats happening to your body and just be kind to yourself.

xo
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptySat 05 May 2012, 11:04 am

Hi Chelio,

I have PCOS too and was unsuccessful at conceiving for ten years. 12 months ago I was sleeved and my periods became regular after I lost around 15 kgs. In late December last year we started trying again. To our amazement, I fell pregnant end Feb / early March.

(My surgeon actually gave me the go ahead at my nine month follow up appointment in Feb to start trying ... I didn't confess that we'd already started.) Children after sleeve ... ??? 314562

You're so lucky, being so young and having access to this life changing procedure will give you an even better chance at conception and the risks (for you and bub) are so much lower. If you are still unsure, my vote is to go for it. My only regret is that i hadn't done this sooner, although the procedure is only now coming into its own, so that was never to be.

Best wishes to you.

Children after sleeve ... ??? 217555
Back to top Go down
Chelsea.88
Chelsea.88

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 6:26 am

Chelio wrote:
Hey guys, I am considering getting the sleeve done, but am only 23 years old, and wondering if it would affect my chances of having kids, has anyone had kids after hsving the sleeve done and what was teh time frame you had to wait?

cheers :)

Children after sleeve ... ??? 697586

Yes, it is a big concern for me, as i want kids more than anything, and bettering myself for my future kids is at the top of my list, as i have type 2 diabetes and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which in some cases makes it harder and even impossible to conceive. I dont want my future children to have any health problems, so getting healthy first is my best option.

I have heard that it is recommended to wait atleast 12-18months after having the gastric sleeve, as your body needs to recover and your nutrition levels need to be more balanced? or something anlong those lines :) D'oh
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chelio.c88
Bonza
Bonza

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 6:04 am

That was the first question i asked my surgeon and one of the reasons im having the sleve! My surgeon told me if anything it increases your chances as your body is healthier after weight loss but told me he likes patients to be 12 months post op to make sure your body has healed propperly and also to ensure you have good results :)
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 5:11 am

I'm definitely not the right one to be answering this but I have noticed a few things on here since having my sleeve..

There seem to be quiet a few women who struggle to fall pregnant pre-sleeve and then once they start losing the weight end up falling pregnant quiet easily.. I've read a few of the girls say their surgeons have recommended if they wanted kids or more kids then they should have them prior to getting the sleeve done.

It doesn't seem like there's anything bad about falling pregnant with the sleeve, bar the fact that you'll be eating probably all the time to fuel your little one and yourself.

Back to top Go down
Chelsea.88
Chelsea.88

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 4:38 am

Hey guys, I am considering getting the sleeve done, but am only 23 years old, and wondering if it would affect my chances of having kids, has anyone had kids after hsving the sleeve done and what was teh time frame you had to wait?

cheers :)

Children after sleeve ... ??? 697586
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chelio.c88
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children after sleeve ... ???   Children after sleeve ... ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Children after sleeve ... ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: