AuthorMessage
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 10:48 am

I got the implanon today so will have to see how it goes. I do know that when i had the mini pill it was a bit of a nightmare as i bled for 10 weeks before i gave it up.
Back to top Go down
mrsbushy
mrsbushy

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

When I was on the pill before I just put on weight regardless of what I did. I have had a Mirena implant now for 6 years. It was the best thing I did. I have found that it has had no effect on my weight, I don't have periods any more (big plus as I always had really long heavy irregular periods) and cravings and cramps are a thing of the past for me!
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyFri 08 Jun 2012, 12:54 pm

Does anyone find the pill affects their weight loss? I started taking the pill about 3 months ago to help regulate my period as since my sleeve was done I have had a great deal of trouble with periods going for 10 to 12 days. While on the pill my periods have been better but I find it harder to lose weight.
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyThu 24 May 2012, 12:34 pm

I have had two Implanon implants. I found them to be fantastic. I didn't have periods for 6 years. Also nothing serious as far as hormone effects go. I was told that 20% of people have no periods, 20% have heavier/more frequent periods and the rest stay approximately the same. I was one of the lucky ones I guess.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyThu 24 May 2012, 5:07 am

With regard to the op, just take supplies just in case and don't worry about it.

Re Mirena - I got one, and although the easy contraception angle is great, I can't say I am a huge fan. I have had spotting/discharge just about every single day since I got it 6 months ago, so although I don't get many "periods", I need pantiliners every day. It made my boobs huge when put in, which was good since they deflated after surgery (!), but did make a lie of the info they give you which is that the hormones are only locally absorbed. They say it can take 3-12 months for the spotting/periods to totally sort themselves out so I am giving it a little longer, but it is not the miracle solution it's made out to be.

Also, I had a ob/gyn put it in at her office, I have never had children or any pregnancies. She just had to do some dilation which required local anesthetic to the cervix but wasn't a huge deal. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't that bad either.
Back to top Go down
clairedebear
Part of the furniture
clairedebear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 10:28 am

I thought my body had done the right thing by me as it just so happened that my op date fell right in the middle of my cycle! I had the op and my hospital stay but about 4 days after I got home my period came. It still wasn't due for another week n a bit! I think even with the best planning your body still gets its own way!! hehe!! Others on here have told me that this is quite usual so i'm not worried about it, but its a drainer having it that's for sure! Being on liquids doesn't work for period cravings! lol

Re the rod, a couple of my friends have had it and both had it taken out really really quickly as their periods were murder (painful & heavy) , they were moody as, nothing went to plan. I guess it really depends on hormones etc but they didn't rate it...
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-03-03

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Don't worry about it    Pill or no pill? EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 8:48 am

As a nurse myself I see lots and lots and lots of Ladies that come into hospital what get their period during

their stay. Most women are very embarrassed, but it happens and we are all female.

The stress, emotions, medications and the like all contribute to periods arriving at the most in appropriate

time. Just make sure you have supplies of the necessary items..

I wouldn't be doing anything different than what your doing now..

I mean your going in for a major operation, you don't want to be dealing with changes in hormones and the

like as well as trying to give your stomach all you've got for good healing and recovery.

But the decision is yours..

All the best

lizzy
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 8:20 am

Eringirl wrote:
cant help with the info regards the antibaby rod had a tubal ligation close to 20 years ago

I asked my WLS surgeon if he could do that while he's in therePill or no pill? 314562 .

I also have an IUD which has never been a problem for me, definitely have light periods usually over within 36 hours but that was an issue prior to having an IUD anyway for me. I went for the old copper one as the pill did weird things to my cycles (well made them none existent). I had 2 kids through IVF and have been warned about the effects of weight loss and fertility so am also interested in the antibaby rod, or another IUD.

I am trying to work out when mine is due hopefully I'll be mid cycle for op day. I know you can take the pill and skip the sugar tablets so that you don't get your period although I have never tried it, you may need to be on it for a month first though.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 6:43 am

Hi Folks

cant help with the info regards the antibaby rod had a tubal ligation close to 20 years ago

However with regards to having a period due the time of your surgery, i wouldnt worry about it. My period started the day before i was due for surgery, all i did was tell the nurses and they made a note that i was on my monthly. The bonus i got to wear my own undies going to surgery. Just make sure they are 100% cotton. I just made sure i changed a pad every time i had to go to the toilet. That was plenty often with all the fluids that were being pumped through the IV.

Just my opinion for what its worth.

Erin
Back to top Go down
GeorgieCostanzo
GeorgieCostanzo

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 2:45 am

Hey ladies.

Ive tried the pill a few times and always have had so much trouble with it. makes me feel shit and i get really uneven periods, sometimes i get them twice a month.
I went to my doc last week regarding a Mirena, but she wouldnt let me get one as i havent had a vaginal birth, she said she would have to get a gyno to do it and even then she said that she didnt think they would do it, because of my age and lack of kids. (ha ha) So she suggested the Implant, or anti baby rod as i like to call it. But i have heard sooooo many horror stories about it, women getting ther periods for weeks or months, like off one day on the next. I do not want that at all. But then i have heard that some women dont get the periods at all. So im not sure. I asked about the injections, she said its the same thing as the rod only in an injection form and i would need to come back every 13 weeks. She said if i had bad experience with the rod then it can be removed straight away but with the injection i would need to wait for it to "wear" off.

Have any of you, or know of anybody that has had the Antibaby rod? And how has it effected them.

Im due to be sleeved on the 6/6 am and getting the rod on the 28/5?

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Georgie.
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 1:42 pm

I would go on the mirena IUD. Even if you do get a "period" with surgery, it will be very light and maybe last a day or so. Plus after surgey with the weight loss you become hyper-fertile so if you have unprotected sex and fall pregnant early you can "miss your weight loss window" according to the surgeons. Mirena is great, rarely get a period and if I do, it's barely there.

Mirena costs about $30-$35 and lasts for 5 years. Huge bargain!
Back to top Go down
Chelle13
Part of the furniture
Chelle13

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 10:45 am

Hi

I was midway thru my period on the day of my surgery. While on the day it was horrible because I was waiting around but I have had a dream run and my period finished about day 2 of being home.

It is just annoying having to get out of bed and drag the morphine and drip with you.
Back to top Go down
J9
J9

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 3:08 am

Hi
No i wouldn't bother, my period came anyway (wasn't due) and I've read on here somewhere that a lot of women's periods just turn up out of the blue anyway. Maybe it has something to do with the anaesthetic or surgery stress on your body. Who knows!!
J9
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 1:23 am

So I'm due to have my surgery on 12 June this year. I track my periods and I'm due on 15 June.

I've been on the pill in the past, more when I travel overseas and that always stuffs me up (end up with a period on the day I land in the country...fark).

Is it worth going on the pill then just to have one less thing to worry about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pill or no pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pill or no pill?   Pill or no pill? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pill or no pill?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: